Hello one & all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  21:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi this is the first forum i've ever joined and wow what a site,just what i've been lookin for being relitivly new to reptile keeping, I got my first corn (KANE) Oct2009, a childhood dream finaly coming true and i havent been disapointed, he's truley amazing the whole family are captivated be him.their seems to be so many different sites and books that controdict each other and give you compleatly different advice than the one before, so when i found this place with loads of people who have been keepin corns for many years i though HELLYEAH at last,you cant beat first hand experiance. I look forward to pickin your brains in the future, until then B-LUCKY

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  21:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and kellog will be along shortly with the ultimate welcome post so i'll just say get some pics up of kane :)

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  21:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya and welcome.
We're not only here for questions if/when the need arises, we like piccys too.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  22:16:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
feel free to ask any q's you have - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  23:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forum there are so many helpful people on here its unbelievable you have come to a great place pics are a must on here so get shootin lol

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2010 :  23:29:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hiya and welcome to the Forum Krock,

Piccys please

Edited by - gmac on 22/02/2010 23:29:50
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  00:09:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome
tis good to hear you finally got a corn after waiting since childhood. in my opinion, this is one of thee best corn snake forums on the internet, great bunch of people with great advice

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  04:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here is the ULTIMATE WELCOME POST (thank you Jase!!!)

Welcome to the forum Jason! As you have already seen, this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information and you have probably already looked at these....but if not - the best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You are right about the amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping, and even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I am not sure if you have experienced this yet, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you do this but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Pics have already been demanded and it is actually an unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive. You have waited this long for your childhood dream to come true, I doubt it will stop just at Kane!!

.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 23/02/2010 04:28:51
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

9 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  12:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome krock i totally agrree great forum with spot on advice

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2010 :  20:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Krock glad you found the forum. Great for advice as loads of Snake keepers on hear who have years of experience

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/02/2010 :  11:14:17  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000