Going blue twice? Is it ok?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  21:17:38  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Khan had blue eye's last sunday. They cleared up and I awaited my shiney new snake. Nothing came but Khan went blue again yesterday and has cleared up again today. He has been very lazy since sunday.

As with most things is it just a waiting game? Not worried yet but currious.

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  21:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog did exactly same thing over Christmas...no idea why, was worried to begin with but did just wait it out, put in extra water bowl in warm side and misted viv occasionally and then he did clean shed...but took nearly 2 weeks and 2 'blue' phases rather than the usual 1 'blue' and 1 week.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  22:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Learned something new. I'll have to be more patient with Snickers I guess. If she hasn't shed a week or so after she's been blue I take her out and she sheds on the floor. She has a deep devotion to her exo tera cave. She loves her moisture pots and has ever since her first "sad" shed when she went from 8.9 grams to 7.2 grams in two days. Someone told me it was because she was dehydrated so I dropped her into the bath tub...She promptly sprayed me with that lovely, "I don't like what you did to me" smell and from that point on she has loved her moisture pots and seems to stay in them until the skins start sliming off with little effort on her part.
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Kellog did exactly same thing over Christmas...no idea why, was worried to begin with but did just wait it out, put in extra water bowl in warm side and misted viv occasionally and then he did clean shed...but took nearly 2 weeks and 2 'blue' phases rather than the usual 1 'blue' and 1 week.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2010 :  16:08:02  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
funny thing is colin has done the same thing this time round. Must be the time of year i guess

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Rik
Hatchling

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  16:13:36  Show Profile  Click to see Rik's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Khan has finally shed today. All off in one piece and measuring 18inch long.

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  17:44:11  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
well done mate shame i cant say the same colins came off in two pieces and he still has a bit stuck to his face i cant get off. God knows why all his sheds have been perfect up till now and i havent changed anything

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2010 :  18:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad he finally shed ok :) I bet your releaved!!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000