New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right, monty is meant to be moving up on food. he usually gets fed 2 largeish fuzzies a week and still wants more, so i am planning on moving him up, i have bout 12 fuzzies and he will get 2 today, 2 next week, 2 week after that, 3 after that and then 3 after that and then there is a small mouse. what happens if the food is to big. will he regurge or just not eat it or will he try to eat it. what happens?

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:13:04  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
that depends on the snake, either is a possibility.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:23:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest, the best option is not to feed him something that is too big for him just because you have it in the freezer! I think the general rule is prey items about 1/3rd bigger than the largest part of the snake, am sure eeji will correct me on that if wrong. Dont go too mad, dont over feed, its not far off as bad as underfeeding!

Mike

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  20:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
General rule which gets bandied about on here is no bigger than 1 and a half times the width of the snake in the thickest part of the body.

Im with Mike, for the sake of a few pence per mouse don't overfeed, just use em as normal, when they're gone they're gone, and then you can move up. Either that or ditch them, and move up. Or save them for any other snakes you might get

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  16:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am nit forcing him to move up. I am just askin if I think he is ready and feed him it but then once he has got it seems to big for him to swallow will he not eat it or stil try and then regurge it?

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2010 :  18:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats depends really mate, a lot on the snake, some snakes dont mind having a huge meal, others think its a great idea at the time, then cant cope with the digestion, so regurge it, its always the 'safe' option to go slightly smaller.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000