New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevgerb46
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  17:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bought my corn "flash" about 14 days ago, he is my first so im on a learn curve with him he's about 3yrs old and about 4ft long, when i first got him he was a bit shy,as u would expect everything being new an that but he was still quite inquisitive, he ate and drank well, up until a few days ago when he stopped eating and went into hiding. when i bought him iwas told he ate and drank well and had just shed, so today i popped a look at him and i think he's shedding again, is that possible? or were the pet shop talking b----x, he has gone dull his skin looks kinda bluish and his eyes are a bit misty, what do u think guys?

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:02:49  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, sounds like he's gonna shed again.... He'll naturally seek somewhere to hide. Just leave him alone until he's shed.

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

kevgerb46
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but surely bud, he wont shed twice in a month will he? and will he b ok without food? offered him some mon he left it, i even brained it.
Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:39:10  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
when you say they said he had just shed did they tell u exactly when?? sounds like he sheding from what you have said, some snakes are ok during this time (mine will still eat and be handled without problems) but some wont, just wait till his eyes clear up then try offering him food or just wait until hes shed

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

kevgerb46
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well by what they were saying i thought she meant the previous week to me buying him cause she said he might still be a bit sensetive to touch, or was it she didnt want to get him out ? to be honest they dont really seem very knowledgeable about snakes at all.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  18:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
some snakes are generally twitchy and a bit nervous about being touched..it might be that shes not used to the handling as shes not had much human interaction,
sounds like she is shedding with that description

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:38:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
if the shop didn't provide you with any records i personally doubt if they'd even know when he last shed...............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  20:44:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
colours dull + cloudy eyes = getting ready to shed :) He'll be ok without food if he refuses, some corns will eat while shedding and others won't - its just one of the little things you'll get to know about your snake as time goes on :)

just out of interest, what did the shop tell you he's eating and how often?

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

kevgerb46
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  21:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the shop told me he was eating 1 xl mouse every 4-5 days, 3days after i got him i fed him and he ate that no problem and he ate again 5 days later, but i offered him one on sat and he refused it so ileft it in there for a few hours and he still wouldnt eat it (i brained it too), in the bin that went.
the shop had no feed records at all. i have one, and use it daily..
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  23:03:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he's refusing because its too much for him, he'll be fine on one XL every 10-14 days, or one medium every week.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000