New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  21:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cass (my fiance) and I went to one of our local reptile stores yesterday and, as planned (by me at least lol), we picked up our new (first) Female 50% Anery 50% Lav Carolina Corn Snake - Hypo Het Caramel Blood, called Bella :) (for £70).

She hatched: 10/06/09 which surprised me as I (wrongly) assumed she was about two months old tops lol

We got to handle her before buying though which was cool, she was active/alert and her tongue was flicking all the while, and boy do they move quicker than I thought!

We were also lucky enough to see her fed (they happened to be doing it when we got there, and so fed Bella after we handled her). She striked and constricted her prey - amazing to see and know how well she feeds!!

She's now curled up in her cool end hide after exploring yesterday evening (and probably while we were in bed asleep last night). We've already see her drink too which was really cool!! :)

We're leaving her for a week to settle in and i'm keeping one eye on her faun all the time willing her to come out and say hi lol

Anywhoo.. thanks to those of you who helped with the setup/research into keeping and to those who go on the king snake site, as my bro got one yesterday and has been on there and recieved help too :)

Pics will be posted some time this weekend!

Thanks again folks!
Jonathan

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  21:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bella sounds lovely, and the shop where you got her sounds very helpful indeed!

Pics please as soon as she has had her settling week. It the rules

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  21:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol I sure will and yeah they're pretty cool there - said to come back any time if we need info etc.. and they gave us two pinkies free for the next two feeds. I have a couple of pics from when we picked her up, I will try put up this weekend, then more will come next week :)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  22:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats on the new arrival - definately looking forwards to the pics

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  22:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks HannahB!!

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  23:43:20  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo, another Bella.
Cannot wait for pics.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2010 :  03:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you got Bella (and so unsurprised ). Sounds like she is settling in well...with the fact that she was out and about exploring and even feeling relaxed enough to drink while she was being watched!!

Well done for keeping to the rules - the one-week hands off and the pics as soon as poss (ok, that is an unwritten rule, but still a rule!)

They are quick arent they!! At least you got a taste of it before your hands-off week, so hopefully that wont be as frustrating...and you also know what to expect when the handling starts for real.

So starting out with an 8 month old instead of a 2 month old. Not sure what age you were wanting, but I bet you loved her at first sight!!

Cant wait to see the pics and find out how she is getting on.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 06/02/2010 03:58:36
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  09:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cass chose the name, although I kind of expected (and liked it) as soon as we decided on a female - Cass is mad on Twilight and the rest so the name came naturally lol, seems to fit though :)

We caught her drinking (which was soo cool) etc on the first night when we dimmed the lights to watch a movie, she hid as soon as the lights went back up and we have hardly seen her since, apart from parts of her or her head peeking from one hide or another. It is frustrating but we know she needs to settle in. I just hope she starts to explore in our presence more soon lol - My brothers King Snake is out and about all the time, a right confident snake that one! I'll put that down to one of two things though, the difference in species or the fact that the house it is in is busier with people so it's got used to then quicker lol

Anywhoo, as soon as she is out and about I will take pics and post! I have a couple of phone pics at the minute and finally off for the day, so will try to upload them whilst I keep one eye on the faun seeing if I can spot her!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  10:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congratulations Fal on your new addition, love her name.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  12:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mom2!!! :) I just posted a pic in the appropriate are, more (better ones) will follow!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000