Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  13:04:13  Show Profile
haha! i will try! and yes you do need a permit to have a snake in SA. . it sucks and sorry for all the questions!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

85 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  13:32:08  Show Profile
Don't worry about it we love the questions haha.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Oakey

0.1.0 - Okeetee (Roxy)
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  14:27:29  Show Profile
ok good!!

I guys/girls thanks for all the info! now i need to know if the snake likes the light bulb? i have a reptiglo 13watt bulb designed for reptiles!! the light comes on at 7am-11am then from 3pm-6:30pm. Just want to know if the snake likes it. thanks

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python
1.0.0 Tri-coloured honduran - Feta (R.I.P. my love!!!You will never be forgoten!)

Edited by - sexychef on 28/01/2010 20:01:02
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  17:41:10  Show Profile
Corn snakes dont need any form of lighting, and they prefer getting their heat from a heat mat rather than a bulb.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  18:27:40  Show Profile
the light is not for heat it is for lighting up tthe cage i already have a heating pad!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  18:28:50  Show Profile
Well then I wouldnt bother with a light. They can disturb your snake by flashing at a speed we cant see, but they can.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2010 :  18:31:25  Show Profile
ok thanks for the help!

HI people can any of you help me for what to have as a new theme for my 2nd snake?

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Edited by - sexychef on 28/01/2010 20:01:41
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  05:39:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

HI people can any of you help me for what to have as a new theme for my 2nd snake?

Do you mean a name for your 2nd snake? If you do then check out this link...it has a 'few' suggestions - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673&SearchTerms=Snake+names

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  06:25:06  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address
I'm not suggesting that you start a lot of new topics for your questions, but as Kellog said, it might be easier if you used the search button to answer your questions first, unless it is a very detailed problem or one that is personal to your snake. This thread is five pages long now Thats a looong thread lol. Good luck with the new snake!

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  14:02:52  Show Profile
thanks every one!

What is the nicest substrate?

i searched the above and it led my to this!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Edited by - sexychef on 28/01/2010 20:02:48
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  15:09:55  Show Profile
Again, use the search button.

Press search, type in substrate and you will get loads of info.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  16:24:21  Show Profile
i did, thanks, but do i have to stop asking you people questions?

WOW!! and how do you get the pictures and the name of your snake? please help!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Edited by - sexychef on 28/01/2010 20:03:27
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  16:58:30  Show Profile
You dont have to stop asking questions, but there is info on pretty much everything ready to find with the search button. This thread is now 6 pages long...

On your profile there is a box labelled "signature". You can write the names of your pets in there. If you want to add a photo use a website called "Photobucket.' Upload your photos, then copy the IMG code into the signature box. Job done!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  18:21:17  Show Profile
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  00:10:11  Show Profile
I am sure you have already been directed to this link before - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

As for substrate, most of us use aspen or beech chippings. You must NEVER use pine because it is toxic to snakes. All this info can be found in a search....you just have to be patient and look through the different topics that are brought up.

It is also mentioned in the care-sheet...which, again, you have been directed to -
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

In case you cant be bothered to check link out for yourself!

Aspen Shavings: Aspen shavings may be used for Corn Snakes. The shavings cannot be cleaned and so have to be removed and replaced with fresh shavings when dirty. If you use aspen shavings the urine and feaces can be scooped out with a cat litter scoop, and replaced with fresh shavings as needed. Be sure to remove soiled substrate as soon as possible; urine-soaked material will become a breeding ground for bacteria, which could harm your Corn Snake. If you use this type of substrate you will have to place your snake in a secure area to feed it; you do not want it to ingest any of the shavings.

At least once a month, all shavings should be removed and disposed of, and the entire enclosure cleaned and disinfected before new shavings are placed inside.

Do not use Cedar or Redwood Shavings these are toxic for all animals and should never be used in predator or prey enclosures. Cedar and redwood should not be used in constructing housing for any animal, nor in any furniture or paneling in a vivarium in which any animals are housed.

Newspaper: Layers of newspaper have been used for years in animal keeping. It is relatively absorbent when several layers are used, and inexpensive to replace. However, the inks used in printing are known to be harmful to animals. Unprinted sheets may be obtained at shops selling moving supplies, or roll ends may be obtained from some newspaper companies. As with printed newspaper, it is relatively absorbent when several sheets are used, especially when layered with paper towels. Unlike printed newspaper, the unprinted sheets and rolls are not impregnated with potentially harmful inks that could harm your Corn Snake.

Easily obtained and relatively inexpensive, paper towels make an excellent substrate for reptiles with belly injuries and those in the early stages of quarantine.

Coco/Orchid Bark: Some reptile shops may recommend the use of Coco or Orchid bark for Corn Snakes, but this substrate is more appropriate for snakes that require higher humidity levels. It is unadvisable to use this substrate for Corn Snakes as they are susceptible to respiratory infections (R.Is) if the humidity becomes too high.

Astroturf® / Artificial Grass: Astroturf® was the first artificial grass floor covering. Since then, carpet manufacturers have come out with many grades of artificial grass. Hardware shops usually have two or more grades. The least expensive is generally the best to use. It is more flexible, a key factor for thorough cleaning and disinfecting. Pieces can be washed and disinfected repeatedly before they require replacing. Astroturf® is cheap enough that several pieces can be cut for each enclosure and rotated each cleaning day. The pieces of artificial grass substrate sold in small, prepackaged pieces in many pet shops and mail order pet suppliers are the same as the product sold in builder supply shops.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 28/01/2010 00:13:51
Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  05:14:39  Show Profile
Thanks very much!

So what substrate do you recommend?

i personally think the bark.

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Edited by - sexychef on 28/01/2010 20:04:36
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  19:45:12  Show Profile
What your best doing is getting 50 mice churn them up in to mash and then make them into Hamburgers add a sprinkle of mouse hair for texture
Oven bake till golden brown and eat one with your snake.

Hope this helps Rich

Go to Top of Page

Fernando Pierre
Hatchling

South Africa
224 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  19:48:10  Show Profile
haha very funny

1.0.0 Snow Corn- Diablo
1.0.0 Ball Python

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  20:06:06  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address
all the edits on this page have been to condense it and make it an easier read

sexychef

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2010 :  22:05:25  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Fernando Pierre

So what substrate do you recommend?

i personally think the bark.

it's entirely up to you, the facts are there, what you choose to do with them is your own decision........

and after 5 pages of duplicated information that's ALL already readily available i'm locking this thread before we move on to the war in Iraq.......the strength of the £ against the $ and other such irrelevant stuff.............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Edited by - gingerpony on 28/01/2010 22:08:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000