Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  17:59:00  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is my 5 month old male cremsicle corn shearer will get some more pics wen i can hopefully this works lol

link sorted-sexychef

Edited by - sexychef on 12/01/2010 18:04:02

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:03:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's very pretty, but looks like a regular amel?

Creamsicles are hybrids between corns and emory's rat snake- was this mentioned to you when you bought it?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:04:38  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
looking good

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:05:28  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This was sold to me as a cremiscle by the shop the father was a mimi cremsicle so is stated on the info i got

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mimi creamsicle?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  20:18:48  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the father was mimi or miami cremsicle so could be that not to sure to be honest with ya

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  20:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shearer is beautiful. A suggestion though as I notice he is in a glass tank - might be wise to cover at least the back or even better 3 sides of the tank otherwise he will feel very exposed. I know you cannot tell much from a photo, but what else does he have in his tank? Does he have 2 hides, branch, plants? In the wild corns only come out into the open to hunt and would normally stay hidden otherwise, which is why he may feel vulnerable in the set-up he is in.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:10:06  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
got 2 hides in now and the water bowl no plants though will get some what would be idea to cover the sides and back with and how would i do that sorry to ask dumb questions

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A towel or sheet will do for now, aquarium backing works well as a long term solution and looks good.

Make sure he has a hide at each end of the tank so he can thermoregulate between the hot and cold ends.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:19:24  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks a lot SB will have a look at the aquarim back ground wen i get to rep shop will try the towel and sheet for now sorry to be a pain asking these questions

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not at all, rather you asked questions and got it right than didn't and got it wrong!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  22:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hes very pretty - but i agree with sb i think its a normal amel, but maybe eeji can help more

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2010 :  23:03:33  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well the info on feeding record i got it says dad is miami cremsicle and motther rat so either they dont know the morphs or i been told a lie

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  02:24:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

thanks a lot SB will have a look at the aquarim back ground wen i get to rep shop will try the towel and sheet for now sorry to be a pain asking these questions

Could also try using newspaper until you can get the proper backing you want.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  12:46:11  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hiya folks first of all i would like to say sorry bout the morph i got when i have read the feeding record the dad is a miami het crimson and mam is a carolina corn.

I have managed to get some aquarim backing as well today so will put it up later on

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

hiya folks first of all i would like to say sorry bout the morph i got when i have read the feeding record the dad is a miami het crimson and mam is a carolina corn.

I have managed to get some aquarim backing as well today so will put it up later on

DW a jot about it, I think you can say it is definitely an amel then. They are very pretty, I have one (see my sig.)

Hope the aquarium backing works well!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:19:57  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all ur help folks bout morph and that i know this may be daft question but can i get away with just using cellotape to fix aquarium backing to set up

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as the tape is on the outside of the tank, not in it, it will be fine.

Do you need any help with the rest of your setup eg: heating etc?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:40:59  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sb thanks very much got the temps sorted as i have done them from the care sheet on here wonder what kind of plants to go for and wat to use for a climbing log would be helpful

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you can use fake aquarium plants, or ones especially for reptiles, though there isnt any real difference. They are usually made of either plastic or silk, and there are loads of different "species" to choose from.

Logs- I tend to get mine from pet stores, as they are pre-treated for insects, sanded, cut etc so I dont have to do it! I love the branches for parrots, for they are only good for wooden vivs because you screw them through the side. You can use wood from the garden, but you have to disinfect it etc before putting it in the viv.

You can also get fake, bendable vines which are great for climbing, in a variety of sizes. Here is a picture of one of my vivs, so you can see the plants, logs and vines in action-

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  13:58:12  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks sb i will try and stop it with the questions but i cant say i will be lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000