Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  16:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the colors. I've never known what makes what morph. I've just gone online and looked at all the colors. When I got Snickers i was wanting a purple one but they were out. Now I'm glad that I got a normal. I've read that the more breeding the weaker they are physically. I don't know how true that is, but I know I need a toughy for my first experience.
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

This is my 5 month old male cremsicle corn shearer will get some more pics wen i can hopefully this works lol

link sorted-sexychef

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  17:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I've read that the more breeding the weaker they are physically.

I have never heard this, and certainly never experienced any breeding related weaknesses myself, I really don't think its anything to worry about.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  18:55:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't worry about morphs being 'weak', at the end of the day its just a different paint job :)

....and don't apologise for asking Q's, thats what we're here for :D

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  20:57:39  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
eeji i was wondering if you could confirm wat morph of corn i have please

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  23:03:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he's an amel, one of my favourites

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 13/01/2010 :  23:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

he's an amel, one of my favourites

I was under the impression you had already been told this?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 14/01/2010 :  18:52:59  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
sb some one suggested i ask eeji to make sure it was an amel so i did

Go to Top of Page

danbaylis35
Hatchling

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  11:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like my mr.chunky

mr.chunky (amel),ssssssteve (western hognose),Cruela (dwarf boa)
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  15:06:24  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
now i am well confussed i have spoken to some one else who breeds snakes and he saying for the 2 breeds that bred the snake cannot be amel and yet the rep shop where i got him from are saying that the snakes used to breed were cremsicles i confussed now

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  15:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks very much like my Steve and he is an Amel. Shearer is very pretty. :-)

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  15:22:11  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Thanks for that i am just not sure at moment shall wait and see if there is any change of colour am not going to hold me breath to see if it does happen

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  15:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/amelanistic/

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  15:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creamsicles are only produced by crossing a regular corn snake with an emory rat snake. They are hybrids.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:00:28  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks every one for your help and advice on this regardless of morph the male amel that he is i got a lovely snake and i am already getting ready to start saving for me next one which i would like a ghost corn

Once again thanks for all your help ladies and gents

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good choice, ghosts are lovely!

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People keep talking about the snakes changing colors and I've not seen any permanant changes in Snickers' colors except to become brighter immediately after shedding. I'm beginning to wonder.
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Thanks for that i am just not sure at moment shall wait and see if there is any change of colour am not going to hold me breath to see if it does happen

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
most corns will show a change in colouration between hatching and maturation- normals start off dull, reddish brown, and end up vibrant red and orange. Snows start off pinky white with saddle marks, and end up white with yellow sides to the head and neck, and greatly reduced saddles.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

352 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have pics in my FB of Snickers progressively placed and there is no change in her color from one pic to another. Her colors are the same when she was a thread with a head attached as they were in her most recent pic which you guys have. hmmmm.
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

most corns will show a change in colouration between hatching and maturation- normals start off dull, reddish brown, and end up vibrant red and orange. Snows start off pinky white with saddle marks, and end up white with yellow sides to the head and neck, and greatly reduced saddles.

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2010 :  16:12:23  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have just read in a post bout putting a small sock or glove in viv to get the snake used to ur scent i wouldnt ave thought about that may give it a go see if it works on shearer lol

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2010 :  05:52:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

now i am well confussed i have spoken to some one else who breeds snakes and he saying for the 2 breeds that bred the snake cannot be amel and yet the rep shop where i got him from are saying that the snakes used to breed were cremsicles i confussed now

Unfortunately you cannot always trust what pet shops tell you and they might not even know for sure what the parents of Shearer really are. To be honest, does it really matter as he is stunning whatever he is?!

quote]Originally posted by godzchild9

People keep talking about the snakes changing colors and I've not seen any permanant changes in Snickers' colors except to become brighter immediately after shedding. I'm beginning to wonder[/quote]

Snickers is still very young and there is a lot of time for him to change colour....even Kellog is still changing slightly and he is 4.5yrs old. Just be patient, wait and see what happens.

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 16/01/2010 05:54:45
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000