Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  12:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody My name is Brooke I live in Glasgow. Got a 6 month old Royal Female named Cleo and allready addicted to snakes lol Thinking about getting a corn in the near future so basically just joined to get to know the snake better and learn more about them. Any information about corn snakes or where to source one locally in Glasgow area would be great. Brooke x

proud owner of a 6 month old RP called cleo. xx

Hoping to widely extend my reptile collection over the coming months.

n/a
deleted

117 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  12:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Brooke

1.0.0 Hypo Corn - Syd
0.1.0 Normal Corn - Charley
1.0.0 Amel Corn - Shorty
0.1.0 Golden Retriver - Jinx
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  12:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome from another newbie.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  13:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Brooke! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced corn and royal owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . I am not sure how long you have had Cleo or how much you know about snakes, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

I know this is early regarding your corn as you havent got it yet, but it is vitally important, and you probably had it with Cleo. The one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting your snake. This gives it time to get over the stress of the move and get used to its new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake has a chance to get used to your smell.

The care sheet on here has lots of information for new corn snake owners, although I am not sure how much this differs to royals. You can also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

No question asked on this forum is a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advice , so please check out on here anything you are told just to make sure that what they have said is right.

When you get your corn you need to get as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !

Quite a lot of our corn owners also have royals, so you have found a great site to compare the 2 breeds and ask questions about them.

I always warn the 'Newbies' who join our forum - Keeping snakes is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while others who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!! You have already started down that slippery slope !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  13:44:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Welcome to the forum Brooke! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced corn and royal owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . I am not sure how long you have had Cleo or how much you know about snakes, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

I know this is early regarding your corn as you havent got it yet, but it is vitally important, and you probably had it with Cleo. The one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting your snake. This gives it time to get over the stress of the move and get used to its new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake has a chance to get used to your smell.

The care sheet on here has lots of information for new corn snake owners, although I am not sure how much this differs to royals. You can also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

No question asked on this forum is a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advice , so please check out on here anything you are told just to make sure that what they have said is right.

When you get your corn you need to get as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !

Quite a lot of our corn owners also have royals, so you have found a great site to compare the 2 breeds and ask questions about them.

I always warn the 'Newbies' who join our forum - Keeping snakes is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while others who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!! You have already started down that slippery slope !

xxx

Hi and thanks for all the information I got Cleo back on 17th October 09 when she was 4 months old. I've always had a intrest in snakes but my mum would never let me get one, so eventually for my thirteenth birthday I got my first snake (I used to have green anoles) Allready i'm addicted lol! Yeah I've got a diary for Cleo atm and will stick to it.. Once you get one you just want more ha! I was really torn between a corn & a royal to be honest..now I have my royal I really want a corn too!! The only reason I picked a royal was because the pet store owner said to me corns can be really fast at times..something was telling me the only reason he was saying that was because of the £80 difference on the snakes

Here is some photos of my little baby..actual love her !
Hope you's like her

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3482

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3483

To be honest with you a perfect example of pet shops telling me wrong information was when they told me to mix orchid bark w. sphagnum moss.. it wasn't till a few weeks later I read on a care sheet that this wasn't the right thing to do! So, incase anybodys wondering - the moss is removed

I will keep you's all updated on my quest to get a corn.. thanks for all the warm welcome and I hope I will get to know all you guys a lot better & develop more love for snakes - with a bit of favoritism getting directed in the corns & royals way

Brooke & Cleo xx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  14:10:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome brooke

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  14:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiiiiiii you're snakes gorgeous btws (L)!xx

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  15:03:12  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Brooke and welcome. Good luck with getting your corn. Good to see you doing your research first, shows how responsible you are.
BTW Cleo is lovely.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  15:04:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brookehamiltonx

Hiiiiiii you're snakes gorgeous btws (L)!xx

im guessing you mean my tof? if so thanks very much your royal is a stunner btw! just had a look at your post before mines
you have any morph ideas for your first corn?
just out of interest, tof is a snow if you are interested in that morph

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  15:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks 'kdlang'. Would rather have do my reasearch first and know exactly what comes with getting a corn rather than going out on a impulse and purchasing one and not having a clue what to do

And yeah 'Chrissy' I really like snows.. still wondering wether to get a snow or an original type. Not really sure where to actually get my snake from though. Got Cleo from a small pet shop called Neon Gecko. They were really helpful and had alot of corns, but none that I actually liked in particular. There was only one that I liked and it was bright orange. Don't really know what types of morphs are out there. So its just a matter of trying to research to make sure I get the specific one I like. They're all stunning, to be honest I wouldn't care what it looked like...Loving the ghosts & snows though xx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  16:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey brooke and welcome over
nice to have you here - hope you do get a corn - they are so different to royals!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hannah :D lol I hope so too, do you think they are easyer to look after than royals or harder: )?x

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  16:30:02  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Brooke welcome to the forum. I got my first snake, a Ghost Corn nearly 2 weeks ago and i have found this site to be a wealth of knowledge.

There is also a very usefull care sheet which i believe can be found on the main page.

Cleo is gorgeous by the way

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 10/01/2010 16:33:10
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  16:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi danny, thanks - not really checked out the site fully .. so I'll have a look at the care sheet the now :) & thanks about cleo lol is there any photos of your snake on the site?x

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  17:08:05  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hai Brooke, and welcome to the forum! Cleo is one gawgus snake You can find photos of most of the members snakes in the 'Photo' section of the forum ;)

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  17:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! You're snakes are lovely too & thanks. this is basically just like TRP !!
Does anybody know of any good reptile stores round about the Glasgow area ?x

Go to Top of Page

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  18:17:23  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't sorry, but you might get some more help if you place a query in the general section of the forum (I think that's where a reptile shop search can take place :D)

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  18:19:10  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey, fantastic royal you have there, really strong looking snake. good luck on your corn hunt. you could put a wanted post in the 'classfied' section of this site to see if any one knows any breeders in your area

Go to Top of Page

nails
Hatchling

United Kingdom
151 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  18:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome

1 Carolina Corn- Wizard, 1 Anery corn- Epi, 1 snow corn Casper
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  18:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lmfastcars

hey, fantastic royal you have there, really strong looking snake. good luck on your corn hunt. you could put a wanted post in the 'classfied' section of this site to see if any one knows any breeders in your area

hi, thanks alot & I think i will put a post on that section the now..by the way? Is that a rainbow boa you have on your sig - if so its stunning xx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

16 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  18:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Nails x

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000