Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  14:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just watched him decapitate a rattlesnake.

What does everyone think of him?

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  16:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen it before and I have no problem what he did and why he did it. It was part of a survival program and thats what it would take to survive, he didnt do it for the sake of it and used as much of the animal for good use as he could. Hundereds of animals are killed so we can have burgers, sausages and such like and no one thinks anything of nipping down Mc Donalds and I bet they waste allot more of the animals than he did.

Well just just my 10p worth, I would feel differently if he did it for the sake of it or tortured the animal first.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  16:05:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's a fake, though im not against him killing something if hes going to eat it as long as he does it quickly.

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  18:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah true Paul, I saw the arctic, american desert and vietnamese jungle today (yes got INCREDIBLY bored!) and some of the stuff was ok, like cutting the blubber of a dead seal to keep warm isn't too bad, and using rubbish to make a raft etc.

Matty why do you think he is a fake?
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  18:36:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Yeah true Paul, I saw the arctic, american desert and vietnamese jungle today (yes got INCREDIBLY bored!) and some of the stuff was ok, like cutting the blubber of a dead seal to keep warm isn't too bad, and using rubbish to make a raft etc.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7304617.stm

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  18:59:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hume

I have seen it before and I have no problem what he did and why he did it. It was part of a survival program and thats what it would take to survive, he didnt do it for the sake of it and used as much of the animal for good use as he could. Hundereds of animals are killed so we can have burgers, sausages and such like and no one thinks anything of nipping down Mc Donalds and I bet they waste allot more of the animals than he did.

Well just just my 10p worth, I would feel differently if he did it for the sake of it or tortured the animal first.

It is for the sake of an entertainment program, he was not starving and abandoned in the wild. So he does just kill for the sake of it.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  20:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow eeji I never knew that, my opinion of him has completely changed. That explains the sudden cuts in footage then.

I always found Ray Mears boring though.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  20:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least you can actually learn something from what Ray Mears does.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  20:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bear not only has a stupid name but hes also a fake and Im surprised that hes not been busted before.
Ray Mears isnt as "Exciting" as Bear The Fake but at least he actually does what you see him do- he does travel round the world to different tribes and learn skills that are dying out and he does it very well- and as Matty said- you can learn some quite interesting things!
xXX

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  23:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C'mon Matty you were 15 once, seeing that codger come on the telly 'where the controller?'

Yeah your'e right though.
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  23:37:57  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Seeing as he wasn't actually starving and was just showing a bunch of people that will never use the skills how to do it, i think its a bit stupid!

And he is a fake and stays in hotels at night not in the jungle or desert, i dont like him much lol!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:28:24  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7304617.stm

^^

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  11:48:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would anyone have commented on if he had caught a fish and ate it...?

I am not suprised that scenes are set up, the series 'Life' that was on BBC recently, showed how the episode was made at the end of each one and it some times took weeks to get a few minutes of usable footage.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

I am not suprised that scenes are set up, the series 'Life' that was on BBC recently, showed how the episode was made at the end of each one and it some times took weeks to get a few minutes of usable footage.

I agree with what your saying. I dont see a differance in him killing a rabbit or a boa aslong as its eaten (and he has done both on his show).

And yes, each scence was set up, like every other wildlife programme, but in this case the programme tried to give the impression it was real and got caught out.

Edit - Spelling

Edited by - matty18714 on 02/01/2010 12:18:16
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:24:57  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does this guy eats snakes ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Does this guy eats snakes ?

Why is that bad?

Go to Top of Page

dazb
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do agree they shouldnt give the impression and mislead people.

I didnt see it. Did he not eat the snake? I saw the one where he killed the turtle (i think it was in the everglades?) and he ate that.

Hiper you can buy python meat...

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:48:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant remember if he ate it. Its on youtube but I dont think its appropriate to post a link.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  12:50:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

absolutely not!
if its quick, humane and not an endangered species then i don't see what the problem is.........and that's coming from a veggie of 20+ years... each to their own!

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Paul Hume
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  13:13:21  Show Profile  Visit Paul Hume's Homepage  Reply with Quote
He did eat it and used other parts of the snake for other things. I didnt realise it was all set up until now which is a shame as I enjoyed watching it. But I still feel if you are going to kill somthing for food, no matter if your starving or not then fair play to you. As far as I am aware it was not an endagered species (although Im no expert) and I dont see it any different to me eating my sausage sandwhich this morning for breakfast, except I didnt kill the pig that supplied the lovely sausage. And if I am completely honest if someone put a pig in front of me and said I had to kill it if I wanted the sandwhich then I would probably had a bowl of corn flakes.

People around the world eat lots of different animals that some of us may find a little disturbing but I dont feel that makes it wrong as such.

Our House:
2 x Carolina Corns
1 x Snow Corn
1 x Amel Corn
1 x Royal Python
Go to Top of Page

lr2188uk
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
45 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  13:42:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its wrong that its staged, but as for the rattlesnake if you were in that situation then you now know how to kill and eat a rattlesnake and use as much of it as you can.... (unlikely I know) as long as its done quickly and humanely I don't see a problem, We will be affected more because its a snake rather than a fish due to the fact that we keep snakes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000