Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  23:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The young snake will carry on eating anyway, regardless of sex.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  23:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh ok well al see what big snakes like after xmas and if no im provment will av to take it to vets, ow long would it not eat for if its a male? and how do u put the pics on your page??
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2009 :  04:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know it is worrying Rachi, but this does happen sometimes and the fact that it is an adult who has missed a couple of feeds is more reassuring than it being your baby. When I first got Kellog (who is a male 4yr old) he wouldnt feed for 13 weeks. I was a total newbie and it was this forum that kept me sane and gave me the advice I needed. Through them I discovered that he had gone into a mating mode and just wanted a female...so I just had to wait til it had passed. I followed their advice and continued to offer him a mouse on his usual feeding day, dangling it first and then leaving it in the viv overnight. But it was always there in the morning. One thing I also started to do was weigh him which is a very good idea cos it showed he wasnt loosing much weight. I would certainly suggest you do that with your snake. You can imagine my shock when one morning I went through the normal feeding ritual expecting nothing and he suddenly struck and ate! It was the first time I had experienced it and it had been a long 13 weeks of worry that I was doing something wrong, despite being reassured on here that everything was fine. Since then he has fed well.

Is she still active? Handling ok? Drinking? Pooing normally?

Try reading this topic if she continues to not feed - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

Posting pics - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 21/12/2009 04:19:48
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000