snake documentries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know any good snake documentries that i could watch online?
I was watching planet earth the other day and was pretty awesome, saw a snake that ate bats and he could see the bats with thermovision

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  19:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Life", the episode about reps is great. It was on the BBC.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  03:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
definitely agree with Matty...all of them are great about all the animals, but if you are interested in snakes then it is definitely one to watch. Also, ask Kehhlyr...think he has some good ones he has recorded.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  14:45:51  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cool guys cheers, ill check it out! x

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  20:34:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the life one was good. i have watched most of them#

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  20:52:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't see them!

I did watch some clips on youtube. when david gets personal with a spitting cobra.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  22:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there was a program on sky 1 or 2 last week called Inside the worlds deadliest snake.. or something like that and it was really good, was about how a root had been found that counteracted against a cobra's venom was a good watch

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2009 :  23:22:22  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

"Life", the episode about reps is great. It was on the BBC.

Matty is that the "Life in cold blood"?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Cold-Blood-David-Attenborough/dp/B0010Z9ORE

I have got the Planet Earth and Blue Planet box sets but have not seen any of the Life collection, I plan to buy it though, £59.98 from Amazon.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Edited by - LittleMick on 11/12/2009 23:23:27
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2009 :  02:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There is the 'life series' that's still running, and is still on bbc iplayer, but the 'Life in cold blood' series is superb. I have that on doovd as well, I do recommend it.

Anyway, here's the reptile and amphibian 'life' that was on a short while back.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nj6dr/Life_Reptiles_and_Amphibians/

Enjoy

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  00:41:57  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That was great, them poor toads at the beginning. I really thought that poor little sod of a toad was going to get scoffed by that snake. They are proper nutters though, the way they escape.

Oh yeah, does anyone know where I can get a decent sized viv for a Komodo?

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.

Edited by - LittleMick on 13/12/2009 01:30:54
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2009 :  22:42:13  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol Yeah i am in the midlle of watching it and i saw the cool waterfall toads :D i cant believe they just fall how cool are they

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  16:04:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched a FAB doc on sky3 yesterday (part of it) they took some human tissue on a swab from the presenters mouth- whopped it under a microscope and then added the venom of a King Cobra- was quite frightening watching the venom attack the cells!
Definatly worth trying to watch that one- I think it was called something like.. inside the deadliest but not 100% sure!

xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  17:58:51  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ill check it out, thanks guys

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  18:10:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

.......Oh yeah, does anyone know where I can get a decent sized viv for a Komodo?

The 4 bed detached house with 80ft back garden across the road from me is for sale.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2009 :  23:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that life show was amazing! I wish i could be one of the filmers but i suppose it's not as cool as it looks because you have to wait ages. I loved the panther cameoloen (can't spell sorry) the tounge was so weird. It could've included more shots of snakes striking and stuff though....
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  04:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Think it is so good they show the last bit, where you get to see how they do some of the shots and how long it takes. They seem to use a bike wheel a lot!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  16:02:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

doovd as well

Fonejacker?

I'll take 36 tousand ugandan ginuea's.

Edited by - hillzi on 19/12/2009 16:03:07
Go to Top of Page

frai
Hatchling

143 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2009 :  16:20:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
life in cold blood is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

40 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  13:47:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A really good person to watch is Austin Stevens, it's really entertaining he's the bravest person I've watched (to do with snakes) There's a video on youtube of him "fighting" a king cobra and there's one showing how he nearly lost his life twice. the first time was with a phyton i think. but it was a really massive one and he kept pulling it out of the water, it's so funny watching him because he gets really excited. Anyway, so he pulls it out finally and the snake keeps striking but missing, it finally gets Austin and he's on the floor but lukcy for him, the snakes tooth is stuck in his trouser leg!!! so the snake releases and Austin is fine. Then the second time he's running after a snake in the water (annoconda or phyton i can't remember) and the snakes gets him and wraps around him so he's drowning, but he manages to release himself just in time and he rides the snake around the water. IT'S SO COOL! I'm gonna buy the DVD i think it's like £4. It's called snake bite. But search Austin Stevens on youtube sorry I kinda spoiled the whole video by revealing everything that happens lol
Go to Top of Page

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  15:10:02  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol no worries, that does sound pretty amazing :D cheers everyone

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000