Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:35:19  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all Romeo shedded about 2-3days ago then yesterday (Thursday) I feed him he normaly takes 2 medium mice as 1 dont show a bump but he refused to eat the second mouse. then today i go to change his water and i see his head poking out then i looked at his eyes and they have gone to a milky colour meaning hes going in to another shedd, When he shedded a few days ago his eyes went bright red then 2days after its gone to milky colour.

When he shedded i do a check for mites and there was no mites but for the past 15days he has not been active, hes drinking his water fine, temps are all fine.

I have rang up the herp vet about this as im very worried they have booked him an appointment for monday for a check up.

Has any one had a problem like this. ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiper, I cant give you any advice or help but just want to say sorry that Romeo doesnt seem well. You have definitely done the right thing by reacting quickly and getting an appointment at the herp vet - you are so lucky you have one near you. I can just imagine how worried you are about him and am sorry that you have to wait over the weekend before he gets seen. Will be thinking of you and him.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:48:50  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Hiper, I cant give you any advice or help but just want to say You are so lucky you have one near you.

xxx

Its not near me its a 30mile drive but i dont care as long as he gets seen to one thats all that matters but i just dont know what to do, i cant get him out right now as he is digesting his meal from last night.

Never known a snake to shedd then go in to another shedd stage like 2days after i find it very strange to be honest. I'm sure some one on here has had this problem and can help me.

Thanks Judith for caring

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:52:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know I always care Hiper !! And I also know you would do absolutely anything for your snakes...so no matter how far the vet is away you will get him there.

I am sure when GP checks in later she will be able to give you some idea about what is going on - just double check you have supplied all the info she will need.

Maybe talk to you later, I hope.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  13:57:34  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know I always care Hiper !! And I also know you would do absolutely anything for your snakes...so no matter how far the vet is away you will get him there.

I am sure when GP checks in later she will be able to give you some idea about what is going on - just double check you have supplied all the info she will need.

Maybe talk to you later, I hope.

xxx

Ok thanks Judith Might not be online at nights as im with my fianceé.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  14:03:16  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is my setup.

3ft by 1ft Viv.

Heatmatt (11" X 17")

Temps 28*C to 30*C at warm end and from 22*C to 24.6*C at the cold end. Using a Thermostat to controll the heat and a Digital Thermometer to messure the temps.

Has 3 hides one at the warm end one inbetween cold and warm and one at the cool end.

Using Aspen Substrate.

Two Large branches for him to climb on.

One Medium Vine.

Water Dish.

A couple of fake plants.

One large rock.

Hope this helps.

Wish List:

Edited by - hiper2009 on 04/12/2009 14:07:06
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  14:05:27  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Ok thanks Judith Might not be online at nights as im with my fianceé.

Think we definitely need to talk if you are putting a sad face next to the word fiancee!!!

xxx

Its because my fianceé wants me at hers for weekend but i am worried about Romeo thats why the sad face.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  15:15:15  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh and he feeds on two medium mice normaly this is until he moves up on to a large mouse in a few weeks.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  16:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know you have probably checked already but did his eyecaps come off? i dont know what retained eyecaps look like as i havent seen them personally but its a possibility..
hope the herp vet can help you out with him,

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  17:38:18  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

i know you have probably checked already but did his eyecaps come off? i dont know what retained eyecaps look like as i havent seen them personally but its a possibility..
hope the herp vet can help you out with him,

Its defo not the the eyecaps as these came off with his shedd then he had bright red eyes and today its gone milky colour again and thats only been 2-3 days .

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  19:48:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
has he had an injury? they will shed more frequently trying to heal themselves...........

does seem a little odd to be in blue so soon but there's probably a minor underlying cause so i wouldn't panic just yet hun

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  16:21:24  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

has he had an injury? they will shed more frequently trying to heal themselves...........

does seem a little odd to be in blue so soon but there's probably a minor underlying cause so i wouldn't panic just yet hun

I took him to the herp vet and the man there checked him over and said there's nothing wrong with him and hes very healthy boy, But he did say if a snake falls from a hight which romeo does alot he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up or something but half the stuff the herp vet said i didn't understand what he was going on about.

So in other words what he was trying to say is that Romeo is fine hes still in blue and will shedd probly on tuesday or wednesday and should be back to normal hopefuly Thanks for all ya help every one .

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  19:42:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

he did say if a snake falls from a height which romeo does he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up...

glad the vet agreed with me lol on a more serious note other than that he had me stumped

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  21:25:14  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

he did say if a snake falls from a height which romeo does he falls off his branch alot and this can cause him to go in blue as his brain thinks he needs to heal up...

glad the vet agreed with me lol on a more serious note other than that he had me stumped

Are you sure you dont work at a herp vet you know an aweful lot GP I was pretty shocked when the vet said almost the same as you stated i was like wahhhh i told him about the TCS Forum and he said he knows it . But what i dont understand is why do they go in blue if they hurt them selfs even by falling off a branch thats about 1.5ft in air from the substrate its not like he cut him self open or anything like that.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  21:32:09  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
like the vet said, the brain thinks the body needs repair, and the way snakes repair external injuries is to shed more frequently
i didn't know that bruising from a fall would neccesarily mean him going blue that soon after his previous shed though!
and i'm quite surprised at how bad a climber he is for a corn too lol, now royals you regularly expect to hear a big THUD! lol

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  21:36:10  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

like the vet said, the brain thinks the body needs repair, and the way snakes repair external injuries is to shed more frequently
i didn't know that bruising from a fall would neccesarily mean him going blue that soon after his previous shed though!
and i'm quite surprised at how bad a climber he is for a corn too lol, now royals you regularly expect to hear a big THUD! lol

I always hear a big thud from Romeo in the middle of the night i have even recorded him in day time climbing he climbs up his branch then he thinks he can fly from one end to the other end of the viv then he just drops down in mid air .

But when his brain tells him he must repair him self how do they go milky colour eyed and get the skin to shedd if they already shedded then they are nice and new skinned right ? Its very confusing.

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  21:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
glad hes ok and it is nothing serious

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:05:03  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

glad hes ok and it is nothing serious

Thank you hannah xx

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
woop woop, im glad its nothing serious

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:22:55  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Me two i was in a bad panic attack i thought i was going to loose him but like always i over react and go retarded.

But the main thing is he has been checked over by a herp vet and is in the clear and coooked me up a expensive bill for a minor thing

Wish List:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

915 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2009 :  23:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

Me two i was in a bad panic attack i thought i was going to loose him but like always i over react and go retarded.

But the main thing is he has been checked over by a herp vet and is in the clear and coooked me up a expensive bill for a minor thing

hey, been there done that! everything different about tof sends me into a major heart attack lol

they seem to love charging mega prices do herp vets lol

0.1.0 Snow Corn Snake - Tof
1.0.0 Stripe Cali King - Su'tey
1.0.0 Staffordshire Bull Terrier x Rottweiler - Twix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000