New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  04:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
may sound daft since i had 2 corns from hatchlings but i didnt keep a log. Diesel has only shed once since it hatched n that was about the average 5 days it hasnt shed since. That was about the 7th september.as from previous threads diesl has had problems with eating and kinks on his back he does seem to be getting bigger had a mouse tail again last night though it was force fed he did do most of the work himself as im gradually leaving more tail out for him to swallow so i hope soon he will be eating on his own fingers crossed!

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

n/a
deleted

445 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  06:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This really depends on the diet of the snake (how much and how often it is eating) and how fast it is growing.

My hatchlings tend to shed about ever 4 weeks, but they are feeding regularly and therefore growing well.

If your snake is not feeding very well it will not be growing very much and therefore will have no need to shed as often.

Good luck getting the little one feeding, it sounds like you are doing a great job so far. :)

Edited by - n/a on 29/11/2009 06:20:44
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  21:29:57  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
about every 4 weeks as Bio says is a good average for a hatchie
i know one of my poor feeders from this years clutch has only shed 4 times since hatching at the end of June. he started off eating fine and was sold after 3 consecutive feeds but since moving on we've had to resort to assist feeding mouse tails and he's now progressed to bits of pinky but not a whole one yet. i don't think it's the new owners fault as she had 2 from the same clutch, their housing is identical and the other is feeding and shedding fine
so basically yes it does depend on their growth rate which is determined by how well they feed

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000