Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  18:11:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Paulsworm!!

I find it interesting that only one person on here has mentioned dyslexia.. or did I miss something.

Both my daughters are dyslexic, and the amount of tight rsed pompous ignoramouses that have a go at them on forum's are innumerable... My guess is they do it because they like the 'sound of their own voice' and the only way they can feel good about themselves is to put others down... more to be pitied than blamed really...

And yes, it can be off putting if you have to struggle to read stuff... but then again, as many people have stated on here.. they have the option of ignoring those posts - they don't feel the need to comment on it unless someone starts a thread like this..

Credit to them.. and to all who struggle with dyslexia and still join in, despite the morons!..... J

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed. It's really just key board warriors. looking to slate someone for the slightest muck up in someones post, just beleive they dont like what/how theyr'e treating their animals. (RFUK for example) Relate to your post PW about the english professors.

It makes no difference to me how you speak, I'll still help you out ;)

As long as it isn't foreign all together ;) shame really that some (not on here mind) critisce you for it.
Go to Top of Page

LittleMick
Yearling

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  22:12:11  Show Profile  Visit LittleMick's Homepage  Click to see LittleMick's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, prefer writing in full grammar and spelling when on forums or writing something official as then I believe my point is put across more clearly. But saying that, I have a habit of not proof reading, what I write. Well! What can I say, I have to get through alot of forums.

I have a friend as well who is dyslexic, and also suffers from ADHD. But before I knew about this I had a go at him once for seemingly ignore what I was saying. Later on when I was talking to his parents about it they told me about his abilities and I felt well guilty.
So although it's hard to read I tend to be more patient. After all, we ALL need help with things at some time.

0.4.0 Gerbils (Gemini, Pica, Gerty and Sasha)
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Elle)
1.0.0 Carolina Corn Snake(Elijah)
0.0.1 Emperor/Imperial Scorpion (Abbi)
2.0.0 Roborovski Dwarf Hamsters (Micro & Chippy)
Tropical fish - 6 Platys.6 Mollies.9 Glowlight Tetra.4 Pearl Gouramis.4 Apple Snails.1 Tiger Plec.2 Common Bristlenose Plecs and lots of babies.
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  08:37:12  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i am dyslexic so sorry for any spelling mistakes.....

but i find it extreamly hard to read short hand as my dyslexic means i recongise patterns rather than words.

the occassional lol is fine but any more tha that i get all confused but thats just me and as all the above posts would flame any 1 for using that method

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  11:43:33  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I didn't know you were dylexic Sexychef - your posts are fine so it doesn't show.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  15:41:27  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Text speak confuses the hell out of me. Nothing to do with dyslexia. I'm just old

On a more serious note though, I think that not using it is just showing consideration for those who don't understand it.

Edited by - Paulusworm on 02/11/2009 15:51:06
Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:03:58  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I didn't know you were dylexic Sexychef - your posts are fine so it doesn't show.

i have to really think about post and the words i put in them

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  16:33:23  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So do I!

....But that's because Lewy shouts at me if I use words that are borderline swearing

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  18:01:11  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the positive suff guys. Im starting to understand loads of viewsabout writing.
1) Sometimespeople cant read things propabecausethey have disabilitu=ies that arnt there fault
but............
2)critics have the choice to ignore
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  19:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
but how are the "critics" to know who has a learning disability and who just cant be bothered to write properly? interview everyone in their first thread?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  19:20:26  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a dyslexic post will only maybe have a few misspelt words here and there, so is still perfectly readable.

we are all guilty of spelling mistakes, poor grammar, lack of punctuation etc at some time so I personally find it quite rude when people feel the need to point this stuff out and make the poster feel little.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  19:30:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

eeji, a lot of it has to do with how a comment is being made and what the intention is behind making the comment. In other words, many times it's not the WHAT but the HOW.

Just a general observation, with the subject of this thread as a case in point.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  19:32:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

So do I!

....But that's because Lewy shouts at me if I use words that are borderline swearing

Ah.. can you give some examples please?

P.S. If you need ideas on how to silence Lewy get in touch, some of what I have in mind may even be legal.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  20:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

a dyslexic post will only maybe have a few misspelt words here and there, so is still perfectly readable.

we are all guilty of spelling mistakes, poor grammar, lack of punctuation etc at some time so I personally find it quite rude when people feel the need to point this stuff out and make the poster feel little.

See, I dont have a problem with a few misspelt words, but when PEOPLE WRITE IN CAPITALS THE WHOLE TIME IT MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT TO READ WHAT IS BEING SAID BECAUSE THE WHOLE LOT IS BIG AND ITS LIKE BEING SHOUTED AT ALL THE TIME AND QUITE OFTEN THERE IS LITTLE OR NO PUNCTUATION ITS JUST ONE LONG SENTENCE.

also, wen a hole post iz spelt lyk dis it makes it rly hard to read wot it iz sayin coz it iz lyk readin anotha language yeah

I am dyslexic, but I take the time to make sure my posts are readable. If I want replies it is the least I can do, I dont really think is is appropriate to argue whether its ok to write awful posts just because someone has learning disabilities.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  20:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a forum, not a job application where you have to have 'perfect grammar' is it?

Lets be fair, but I think people that moan and make people feel small are ones that take it that way, as the internet is a whole serious place like a court or something.

Also, if you post on a forum, you want people to be able read what your situation is..

But i haven't got anything against people with the few spelling mistakes, its natural. Bet yeah SB, if da hole post iz lyk dis id gt peed off. lol. I can't say i'm perfect i used to write like that.
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  20:34:23  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

eeji, a lot of it has to do with how a comment is being made and what the intention is behind making the comment. In other words, many times it's not the WHAT but the HOW.

Just a general observation, with the subject of this thread as a case in point.

totally agreed, there are too many aggressive keyboard warriors quick to jump on something they are ignorant of

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000