Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  02:36:26  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The only places I havernt had this trouble are on these forums ie thecornsnake and theroyalpython.co.uk. Every other forum im on seem to critisis about the way I write.
I usually rite like this. If peeps av a problem with this then y dnt the ask nicly and say"can you write properly please" instead ov being too ott bout it and bein a tad ruse. Does any1 ealse get this!!!
I hate it so much!!

n/a
deleted

42 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  02:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The forums I usually use often request that people write properly, but they are more adult based forums and hence expect their members to write in a more adult fashion.
I prefer forums where people write properly because it's easier to read that way, but I wouldn't ever be rude to someone over it.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  05:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must admit that at times I have to reread your comments a few times to work out what you are saying Dibzy....but I would never critisize you for it....it is the way you choose to write and that is your choice, on this forum we dont judge people on how they write! It just may make it harder for us older people to make sense of easily! No forum should be rude about someone...that is seriously out of line. You are welcome here as you are....writing and all!!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  06:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If it was 'text-talk' however, that would be different.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  07:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen it before, and I do hate it. But I wont banter on about it.

Edited by - hillzi on 30/10/2009 07:52:05
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  09:50:03  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As long as it makes sense I'm not bothered. If I can't understand something then I would ask what you meant. Seeking clarification is not being rude whereas criticizing someone's grammar/spelling is. There was a thread on the dark side a while back where a critic got his just desserts. He started to rip into someone about their grammar / spelling and was immediately leapt upon by several other members who happened to be English teachers, Graduates in English Language, etc. They tore the flamer's posts to pieces. It was hilarious.

All I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of keyboard heroes out there who are all big and brave when they are hiding behind a computer but there are far more good decent people who will not judge you.

Just out of curiosity, why do you type like that?

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  11:58:07  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm
There was a thread on the dark side a while back where a critic got his just desserts. He started to rip into someone about their grammar / spelling and was immediately leapt upon by several other members who happened to be English teachers, Graduates in English Language, etc. They tore the flamer's posts to pieces. It was hilarious.

That sounds brilliant!
I hate those people who fault peoples spelling as a way of insulting them.

Dibzy, I read your post fine

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  12:05:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't really say its not understandable - i used to do it all the time, even write like it at school.

LOL.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  12:31:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well: I can see the need for "short cuts" in chats and texts etc., but in fourms, especially in longer posts, I find it annoying and a hindrance. So I skip such posts. I wouldn't have mentioned it to you but since you have raised the issue: it's totally up to you how you write, but please remember that if you want to reach everyone here with your posts, perhaps longhand is better.

Edited by - n/a on 30/10/2009 12:33:42
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  12:45:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i right in short hand sometimes but mainly a mixture haha,
I read your posts fine, there's nothing wrong with it to be honest

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

Dibzy-Time
Hatchling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  13:09:31  Show Profile  Click to see Dibzy-Time's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I write like it becuase its my style of writing and im just pure lazy and inpatient to finish a post. I understand what people say and ill write like this now for everyones comfort. Cheers for the good post by the way
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  13:31:09  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read it fine, but then I work with teenagers and they all write like that. Even in exams

Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  14:15:47  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Well: I can see the need for "short cuts" in chats and texts etc., but in fourms, especially in longer posts, I find it annoying and a hindrance. So I skip such posts. I wouldn't have mentioned it to you but since you have raised the issue: it's totally up to you how you write, but please remember that if you want to reach everyone here with your posts, perhaps longhand is better.

Have to agree with HawkEye

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  15:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that posh pompus sods that have the wind up their bums complain about it.

Edited by - hillzi on 30/10/2009 15:15:39
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  16:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I think that posh pompus sods that have the wind up their bums complain about it.

Have to say that if I open a post with writing like that then I dont tend to read it, as it can be confusing and difficult to gain info from.

But maybe I'm just a posh pompous sod.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  17:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theyr'e generally the people that complain ;D
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  17:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fascinating insight. So what are the people who complain about people complaining?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  19:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Annoyed.

I got sick of the critism for tlkn lyk dis.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

20 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  22:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly dyslexic. No problem. It doesn't mean you are not intelligent.
Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
686 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  15:07:33  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

Fascinating insight. So what are the people who complain about people complaining?

Moderators .

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  18:10:23  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
typing like that really annoys, so i just ignore the post.

the same goes for posts that are written in one long sentence or with the caps lock stuck on :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000