Newbie Question o:
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  22:01:37  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So I been mooching around the forums in my spare time (mostly i look at the pictures ) I noticed people saying the ames of different types of corn snakes. I have no idea what Ging would be and following the link to another site witht he different types on just got me very confused. So does anyone know or would you need a better picture? Hopefully buying new camera tomorrow so might be able to get some

Next I was wondering about peoples signatures. I see in a lot of them 0.0.0 [snakies]. >.><.< at the risk of looking very blonde I won't say what I think it means but could someone explain?

Lastly. I've read and heard abput young corn snakes being kept together and eating each other. Would two adult fully grown snakes run the same risk? Guy has this gorgous female corn snake in his shop at the moment who was previously housed with other corns but I'm not sure if I would have room for two Vivs at the moment. but I'm worried about it (Speccially after seeing a couple of pictures of it on here ) I probably won't get her but its worth asking anyway.

1.0.0 Snow Motley Corn Snake. (Mouse)
1.0.0 Amel Corn Snake. (Ginger)
0.2.0 Chinese Crested Dogs. (Skeebee & Yuki)
0.1.0 Bullmastiff x American Bulldog (Tsukira)
1.1.0 Ferrets. (Spike & Buffy)
0.2.0 Aylesbury Ducks. (Crispy & Nibbles)

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  22:03:24  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
P.S. If I wanted to post dsome none reptile fuzzy pictures where would they go? :D

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  22:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I can't quite understand your second post? LOL!

I think the 'types of corn snake' you mean, are the morphs (the type of colour) and I'd say Ginger is a carolina AKA wild common type :) Maybe ask BTD; he's a fab photographer.

the, for example, means 1.0.0 < that would be i have one male snake;
0.1.0 means i have a female
and 0.0.1 means there un sexed.

Ooh, co-habiting.. IF The adults are closely monitored, have 2 hides and enough room each, 2 water bowls, ideally 2 hot sides each, which makes space a bit hard.. and are same age size, and weight...

Myself personally, wouldn't do it with any snake any age, because of competetion and potential bullying.

Hatchie snakes are a defo no-no, they will compete and, we had one incidient on here, when a members corns ate one, and the other one shortly died.
I know it is nice and 'cute' to look at snakes curled up but my opinion solely is why take the risk?

Others will have different opinions, and as long as they have their own space, and you monitor them closely, and weigh up the pro's and cons.

edit: 'fuzzy' think you mean things with fur? Sorry concentrating on The Transporter, erm.. I think it should go in other reptile photos. even though theyr'e not reptiles..

someone oughta rename that topic

Edited by - hillzi on 30/10/2009 22:16:12
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  22:18:42  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yeah my furry animals are called fuzzies hahaha

I was almost right about the sig thing then yay! :D

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

378 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2009 :  23:06:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yer I was considering moving my corns back together. STOP THERE THOUGH! (at the thought!) They were together when they were young (no internet 10 years ago & trusted pet shop saying will be fine). Luckily they were ok. But there are VERY real risks of death or serious injury when they are young or old so I wouuldn't if I was you.

My thoughts on it are that its easier for the owner NOT the snake, which is not the way it should be.

0.1.0 Anery corn- LegLess
1.0.0 Carolina corn- NoFeet
1.0.0 Syrian hamster- Jabba
0.2.0 Albino ferrets- Mable & Sue
1.0.0 Cat- Ned

Edited by - n/a on 31/10/2009 12:13:45
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  16:08:54  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from yhe pic in your sig, your corn looks like an amel

cohabitating should only really be done with adult females, but ther are far more cons than pros and the snakes won't benefit from it one bit

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  16:11:58  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aww I didnt get to hold the other snake when I went to buy aspen today cause she'd been sold. It's so tempting to buy a baby off him but I think for now, with baby on the way I will wait. We might be moving house soon too which is another reason I'll wait before getting another snake (Or any other animal for that matter, I'm not usually allowed in pet shops alone lol). I was just curious about two snakes living together. I'm not sure if I want a corn snake or a milk snake if I do get another snake again, and then there's talking the o/h around to the idea lol

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  18:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd would say ginge is amel.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  19:00:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahh, congratulations on the pregnancy.
You sound like me with the pet shop thing, the times I've come home with un announced new pets, whether it be dogs, cats etc. Not always a very happy husband, he doesn't seem to mind about snakes though, I just need more space!
I've always thought co habiting snakes to be a bad idea, I don't think i would sleep at night, knowing they're out to play in the wee hours and wondering if they're ok.
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  19:05:53  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Before I got pregnant I used to sleep as little as 4 hours a day and usually during the day time. Now I seem to sleep 20 hours a day haha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  19:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah been there, that's natures way of making sure that you'll be able to remember what sleep is.
Don't worry just make sure OH is a willing participant in night feeds.:x
Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  19:58:17  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh there's better pictures of ginger here:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6517

Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2009 :  22:10:49  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Definitely Amel (Amelanistic - Without Melanin [The black pigmentation])

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  15:06:08  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It can not be an amel as it doesnt have red eyes? Im not very good at morphs but i wud say a carolina or a hypo

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  15:43:29  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yeah she has got red eyes

Go to Top of Page

Jennet
Hatchling

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  18:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In some piccies red eyes can look quite dark.... Definately looks like an amel to me... J

www.thecornsake.co.uk
www.thehognosesnake.co.uk
www.theamphibian.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  18:58:53  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Chimp, it has red eyes and is an Amel

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same as you Chimp, Ginge's eyes look black in Twi's sig,

but I checked Twi's other topic..

edit: I forgot your username. Shame on me.

Edited by - hillzi on 01/11/2009 21:04:18
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:11:35  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh well if the eyes are red then yes i agree with amel lol!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

Twi
Yearling

United Kingdom
536 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2009 :  21:27:25  Show Profile  Click to see Twi's MSN Messenger address  Send Twi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yup they are deffinatly red eyes lol like albino pink red

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000