1.0.0 miami clyde
0.1.0 miami bonnie
1.0.0 ghost casper
0.1.0 carolina sneaky
1.0.0 anery runt
0.1.0 anery spot
0.1.0 amel amy
1.0.0 no name ghost motley stripe
1.0.0 bloodred het lavender stripe on its way :)
0.1.0 reverse oketee on its way :)
1 husband
4 kids
new puppy shih apso on the way

Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  20:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We couldn't get one... Set out to buy one and returned with two... Nice to see more Yorkshire people!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  21:51:45  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Dont suppose you are heading south at any point GP? Kellog getting too big for his viv and a 3 year old ghost would fit it beautifully! xxx

how far south are you?

and he's a very well grown-on lad, would probably go in a 3 foot viv easy........ he's a really nice chilled out snake who's no hassle

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  18:15:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome, but I've decided to stick with the more welcoming and experienced forums. It seems if you disagree with a mod here on their "facts" your thread gets locked before you get a chance to respond.

I'll be seeing my vet in half an hour, shall come back and post what he says about baytril, then I shall leave for a less "argh!" forum.

Lisa and family (human and animal).
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  20:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am suprised....I didnt think we were an "argh!" forum! You mods dont rule us with a rod of iron....do you??? xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  21:20:51  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaLQ

Thanks for the welcome, but I've decided to stick with the more welcoming and experienced forums. It seems if you disagree with a mod here on their "facts" your thread gets locked before you get a chance to respond.

I'll be seeing my vet in half an hour, shall come back and post what he says about baytril, then I shall leave for a less "argh!" forum.

so you saw your vet and read the data and................?

that particular topic was locked at MY request. who are you to tell me that my facts, yes FACTS, in black and white in front of me, are a load of bull? you undermined just about everything i've ever said and it was really upsetting for me. i'm a well-versed and well-respected member of this community but i don't tolerate rubbish!!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  21:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have read the Baytril topic. I may know nothing about reptile medicine but I feel that GP stated her case well and certainly didnt come across as attacking anyone, even when she was turned upon and sworn at. Everything she said has been from her knowledge and experience and she wouldnt say it if she didnt have the facts to back it up. I think anyone who is new to the forum should show a lot more respect to those members already there, and especially the ones whose experience and advice have helped and even saved snakes lives. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:10:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who swore?

Have spoken to the vet tonight, she LAUGHED, and said all you need to do is wash your hands if you spill it. She said that if you were treating hundreds of animals like she does, then perhaps, but there is no risk from spilling it if you wash it off. Gloves are not necessary. She said compared to most of the other drugs they use, baytril is harmless. She said that the guidelines in the books were a blanket rule for the sake of liability.

You need to think about your tone when you speak to people. Some of us have YEARS of experience using baytril, as we've had to research it plenty enough - I know more than my vet about dosages because in their opinion they dont get enough experience with certain medicines and animals. My vet will simply give me a bottle and let me work out the dose.

You come across as very aggressive, which is not very welcoming. Fair enough, you may work as a vet nurse (am I right?) but that doesn't mean you'll always be right. Be a bit more humble when someone offers more information, take it in, dont spit it back at them. Try listening and opening your mind, you may learn something :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

14 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ps. You were also asked to provide evidence by KathyM, but you locked the topic without responding. Perhaps you could email her the evidence you have, so that she can learn from you, instead of expecting her to take your word.

Respect where respect is due, I dont have respect for people who tell you you're wrong when you're not, and then lock the thread when asked for proof. Sure, you may know a lot about snakes, and that's fantastic, but you have a lot to learn about attitude and humility.

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:42:54  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
NO, i won't email her the evidence i'll post it publicly on here. i've not told anyone they're wrong when they're not, i've told people they're wrong when they are.

talking of attitude and humility who do either of you think you are coming on here as newbies and slating well-respected members...........? you want to learn? then start listening!

if you had years of using Baytril i'm sure you'd be familiar with the literature on it........... will post pics of the info in black and white tomorrow for you...........

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:44:50  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh Lisa, i haven't provided evidence cos i've been at work at the vets all day and didn't take my camera..............

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:47:12  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
will this do in the mean time....... http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Bayer_plc/Baytril_2_5_ACU-_Oral_Solution/-23498.html
the first line under 'User safety'

Edited by - gingerpony on 09/10/2009 22:48:05
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  22:58:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa, I would just like to say that we try to keep this forum as friendly as possible, GP is a well respected and liked member of our community. Please treat her and others with respect if you wish to continue using this forum.

Thank you.

www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum

Go to Top of Page

kizzig
Yearling

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  16:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely put BE, and thanks to GP for all the advice given on the forum. We see you've posted the "evidence" now, will keep in mind if we ever need to use it!

Kizzig

Our ever growing menagerie:

1.0.0 Amel cornsnake (Ziggy)
0.1.0 Amel motley cornsnake (Kizzy)
1.0.0 Housegecko (Eric)
0.1.0 Chile Rose Tarantula (Daisy) RIP Double D, We'll miss you... xxx
1.0.0 Budgie (Oscar)
0.1.0 Cat (Sophie)
1.1.0 Red Eared Sliders (Sam 'n' Ella)
Assorted Fish - Harry, Artie, Kev and Ebi.

RIP Georgina the Housegecko , Archie the Angelfish (17/09/09), and Daisy the Chile Rose Tarantula (19/11/2009)

Our Animal's Album: http://s986.photobucket.com/albums/ae347/klivingston234/

Edited by - kizzig on 10/10/2009 16:55:01
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

67 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  21:53:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm also new, and also am the proud owner of an insainly huge family....... I have six kids myself, diden't plan on six either but there all single births.... birth control sucks!!!!!! anyways thats not all one crazy boyfriend who should be classed as another kid..... 2 bearded dragons (Mealosh, and Loulou), 4 collared lizards ( FM... Lucy, Sasha, and Minks M...Maximus), and two amel motley corn snakes (slither and scissor), and two cats (Murphy ang Guiness). So real nice to hear about you lol :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000