No shed?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  17:59:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, my little butter corn Nellie hasn't shed since before I brought her home on August 17th. I noticed her eyes turning blue two days ago, but now they're back to normal and I haven't found any traces of a shed in her tub...How often should a young one shed? She's nearly three months old at this point, will be 3 mos on October 11th. I don't have a scale to weigh her or her food, but she eats one small pinky mouse once a week.

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  18:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heeii, she`s just fine , when there eyes go milky it means there very nearly ready to shed , but once there eyes go clear it normally takes the 1..2...3 days to shed after that. so just hold on , and she`ll shed soon!!
Go to Top of Page

Remmy
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1188 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  19:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They normally shed about every 4 weeks when they are young but all snakes are different. After their eyes clear it can take up to a week for them to shed so it should be soon.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  19:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JinxtheBP

So, my little butter corn Nellie hasn't shed since before I brought her home on August 17th. I noticed her eyes turning blue two days ago, but now they're back to normal and I haven't found any traces of a shed in her tub...How often should a young one shed? She's nearly three months old at this point, will be 3 mos on October 11th. I don't have a scale to weigh her or her food, but she eats one small pinky mouse once a week.

The advice I was given here was to feed every 5 days at this age. As for shedding, from what I read in the forum so far it seems Nellie's doing the usual pre-shed thing and sounds like she should shed soon.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  19:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
to get her growing to her best size maybe feed her every 5-6 days and maybe see if she can handle 2 pinkies on every other feed for a few weeks. If she handles them no problem then keep her on two pinkies until there is not much of a bump left and then alternate with 2 pinkies one feed and a fuzzy the next..

but yeah like hawkeye and remmy have said she should shed any time within the next 5-8 days

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

55 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  21:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay :) Thanks, guys! I'm definitely gonna up her feeding to every five days as that seems like a better schedule for such a young one to be on.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  03:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has Nellie shed yet? xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: