Feeding problem.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  00:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey all Steve has a feeding issue. On the 4th of september he missed a feed and i thought nothing of it but he missed his next feed (11th). He hasn't had anything is approx 2 weeks now and i'm kinda worried about him. He seems active and he has been drinking. When i go to feed him he shows no interest at all. I've tried everything the care sheet/ forum says but nothing seems to spur him into eating. Will i wait till this friday to feed him again or feed him before? help!

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  04:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had this with Kellog when we first got him. He refused 1st feed we offered and continued to refuse for 13 weeks! Originally we thought it was just down to stress of move and new owners, but advice on here reassured me that he was horny and we just had to wait for him to come out of his mating period. Kept offering a mouse every 5 days, which was how often he was fed by previous owner, and then one day I offered it again, not expecting anything, and he suddenly struck and coiled - made me jump...cant remember the last time I felt that excited, sad I know. Keep to your usual feeding schedule and if he doesnt take it leave the mouse in overnight just in case he decides he is hungry. No need to worry yet as long as he is behaving normally and drinking, which you say he is. You just have to wait until he decides he is hungry. I am sure 'those who know' will say something along the same lines (I hope) xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  09:51:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kellog is right.. stick to the feeding schedule and its just a waiting game until he feels hungry.. is he coming into shed? getting ready to shed often puts them off eating..
hope he feeds soon

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  13:37:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im unsure if he is coming into shed (if he is its his first time with me) Thanks for the advice guys, ill just keep to the normal pattern and wait for him to want to munch
Go to Top of Page

hiper2009
Banned

United Kingdom
2197 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2009 :  14:43:18  Show Profile  Click to see hiper2009's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SGrossyboi

Im unsure if he is coming into shed (if he is its his first time with me) Thanks for the advice guys, ill just keep to the normal pattern and wait for him to want to munch

How old is he ?

0.0.0 Royal Python Het Pied 100% CB10 - Chaos
1.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa CB10 - Bow/Mayhem
0.1.0 Cornsnake Amel Het Motley CB10 - Fire
1.0.0 Cornsnake Caramel Het Motley CB09 - Whisky
1.0.0 Cornsnake Snow Het Stripe CB07 - Romeo - R.I.P

1.0.0 Super Golden Labrador Dog CB02 - Bailey

Wish List:
1.2.0 Royal Python - Pastel , Pinstripe , Lesser.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

59 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  03:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steve is around 3 years old m8. Dont have an exact age sadly but judging by his lenght id say 3-4 is safe to say. Sorry for the late reply! been busy past few weeks!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  19:01:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SGrossyboi

Steve is around 3 years old m8. Dont have an exact age sadly but judging by his lenght id say 3-4 is safe to say. Sorry for the late reply! been busy past few weeks!

Ok. Has he eaten yet?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

184 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  20:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It hasnt been to long yet, Rizzie was a hatchie and didnt eat for nearly 9 weeks. Have you tried scenting with a chick? Rizzie wouldnt(and still doesnt may i add) take anything that wasnt scented with chick. All other food was beneath her. If all else fails, have you got a good rep store nearby? If so see if they will help out by having him for a wee holiday.

1.0.0 Amel stripe(Dezzi)
0.1.0 Snow Corn (Rizzie)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Hotaru)
2.2.0 western hognose (Huff and Puff)(Missy and Pharoh)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2009 :  03:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SGrossyboi. Any news on Steve feeding? xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: