Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  10:54:46  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
bilbo has got out i have looked every where in the living room and cant see him anywhere. what should i do???? he feed 2 days ago will setting traps still work or should i keep looking and if he dont turn up be the next feed start putting traps down then. where are the best spots to look and how far do the go in a night??????

thanks

2 male corns (Bilbo and roger)
1 female corn (lizzie)
2 dogs westies (jock & morag)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  11:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this may sound silly but empty out your viv, corn are good at hiding and burrowing!

If he is not there, put flour along the skirting boards and walls as they will not stray too far into the open. also search up high (boxes etc on shelves) as snakes can climb very well! continue putting traps down as corns are opportunistic feeders and will eat when possible. make sure and put a couple of dishes of water down too, so he doesnt get dehydrated.

good luck, I'm sure you will find him.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  13:56:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just keep looking in all the unobvious places - inside stereos,around plug sockets - anywhere they can wrap themselves up and is warm..
maybe place the heat mat and faun/viv on the floor incase he does come back and decides to go back home

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  14:14:52  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have taken every thing out the viv he is 100% not in there. i have put a box with water in it where there is heat i will put the viv on the floor tonight just in case. should i put some traps out tonight?? even if he has only had a feed two days ago?? looks like no sleep for me tonight....

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  14:29:02  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It could be worth putting a trap or 2 out, but only put in a nice small meal.

Likewise if he fed 2 days ago, you may stand a chance of being able to smell the fresh poo sometime soon. If yours is anything like mine, they always poo 2 days afterwards.

Keep your nose clear, as well as eyes and ears open.
Hope he turns up soon.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  14:51:10  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i have a big flat screen tv on the wall witch kicks out a lot of heat do you think he could of got behind there?? and how far would he of got in one night?? should i start looking in the bedrooms now??

thanks for your help sofar guys..

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  16:49:37  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hi still no joy. how meany that go missing never turn up do you think?? or do they all turn up in the end. i just want to know so i can give my son a bit of hope as he was in bits when he got home from school he was crying and every thing. he is only 7 and started looking for bilbo aswell and keeps asking if we will find him soon. i feel so bad and can only blame myself.. i know i will not get any sleep tonight its driving me mad. even my wife is on the look out for him too......

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  17:13:15  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A vast amount that go missing do turn back up. Unfortunately a large amount do not. I'm sorry to say.

We've had members on here with snakes going missing for 8 months, then turning back up.
2 weeks, then getting found. Some as little as a few hours.

The person I got mine off had 1 go missing for 18 months nearly. Snakes can go a fair old distance and can also get into weird places.

Inside speakers, computers, on curtain poles etc. A favourite place seems to be inside sofas and other little dark hidey holes that are warm. I'd most certainly have a look between your TV and the wall.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

531 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  17:14:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have lost 2 before one took 3 days to find the other over 4 weeks..also of a evening if you have a lamp put that on in the evening ... i found a dim light helps...Goodluck

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  18:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as you will notice on the forum many snakes have went AWOL cornsnakes are great escape artist. He will try n find somewhere warm, both of mine went missing when they were hatchlings one was inside a folder of paperwork the other wrapped round a socket adaptor it was my dog who found him. I know its very distressing but dont give up hope. Good luck!

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  19:17:13  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
getting ready for the night shift. viv is on the floor with mat on and light on i mite try a pinkky in there too. i have a small box set up with water in next to my router witch is hot as its on all the time. i was thinking about putting a bottle trap down as well. i will try and stay up all night as this has to be the best time to spot him on the move.. i will keep posting updates on how i am getting on and will let you know if or when he turns up... is there anything els i can do that mite help?? i just hope he has not got out the house as it starting to get alot colder now. thanks so far for the help guys fingers crossed xxx

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

89 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  19:22:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will def keep fingers crossed for you!! Good Luck

1 Hypo Corn - Slinky
1 Leopard Gecko - Leo
1 White Boxer - Floyd
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  19:55:26  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
good luck and keep those eyes peeled and plenty of redbull to keep you awake.

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  19:59:34  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol i went and got 6 cans and some pro-plus will be up for 3 or 4 days solid now lol

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  20:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as kttycat says herbie went awol for about 4or5 days and it was the dog that found him.the dog literaly camped out beside the computer and kept sniffing and sticking his paw underneath.we finally pulled out the computer and i spotted herbie wrapped around the phone charger.dogs have great sense of smell as u know.do you know anyone who has a friendly dog.might b worth a try

Edited by - n/a on 10/09/2009 20:27:48
Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  20:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
we have 2 dogs and we are watching what they do just incase they sniff him out.. just hope i get to him before they do. when they move about the room how fast do they go so i know what to look for?????

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  20:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
urm im guessing that if he has to be he could be pretty speedy!
i hope he ventures out soon :)

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  21:10:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
herbie obviuosly found a nice warm place not far from his viv.(it was next to the computer.watch for ur dogs keeping on going back to the same place and acting differently.thats what mine done.hope u find him i know how it feels.i had given up hope but that was the second one i had lost then found.the other was in the wall unit curled up between poly pockets in a folder.
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh they can move rather rapid

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Bilbo
Hatchling

United Kingdom
426 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  10:18:07  Show Profile  Visit Bilbo's Homepage  Click to see Bilbo's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just an up date no joy jast night will be up again tonight. still have fingers crossed.....

1 female corn (lizzie)
5 mirror carp
3 common carp
3 tench
5 gold fish
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  20:45:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry Bilbo...been away for few days and only just caught up with your news. Am assuming you have tried flour dusting in doorways? You could also turn heat down in most rooms and up in room you think he is in - should attract him back there if he has moved on. I can just imagine how upset your son is, I know how mine would feel. Do you know how he got out? xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000