Another viv size qusetion!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  19:16:53  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My mate is now thinking of getting a corn after sseing mine. He used to have a python so knows the basics! He has gone and bought an 18 inch long fish tank for it. Well He sais the snake is a hatchling, and is about a foot long.I think an 18 inch tank is to big and told him to get a smaller viv like mine before he gets the snake as corns dont like big spaces, but he reckons it will be ok.
Whos right on this me or him? Can I get some feed back on this so I can show him what you guys say and maybe convince him that he needs a smaller viv!

Thanks guys!

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  19:39:15  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it is better for the snake if it is in a suitable sized viv.

i personally made the mistake when i got my first corn 18months ago by listening to the shop owner who gabbled aload of #### and just wanted money. my snake never seemed stressed but now it l has a more suitable sized viv i can tell its happier.

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  22:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it is a foot long a foot long viv will be on the big side, so 18 inches is possibly a little large. Tell him he could partition it, or if he is adamant make sure it is well stocked with hides and feels crowded.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  22:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too was conned into buying a 22"x 15"x15" Viv as a starter and the snake was hard to get hold of and always in a tight hide.
He is now in a 48"x12"x12" viv and seems quite happy, he just reaches the ends along the back wall.

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2009 :  10:25:55  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! he's geing th smake next week So I will show him this and let him make his own mind up then. I was just conserned for the snake getting stressed!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000