Might be shedding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LAsweetie
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  10:39:03  Show Profile  Click to see LAsweetie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,
Basically my corn snake shed about 6 weeks ago (26th May), so i am expecting him to shed again soon. But for about the past 4-5 days he has not moved from the corner of the viv, not even at night. He is just over a year old and i have noticed that his skin is a lot duller than usual: which made me think he was about to shed. But his eyes haven't turn a milky blue colour at all. Are there any other signs i could look for that would tell me if he going to shed soon? Also he was fed on Thursday and had two fuzzies and they went down fine. I'm just concerned that there is something wrong with him as i am a first time snake owner and have only had him for about 7 weeks.
Thank you

Sorry if the post is to long

Hannah :)
owner of one Hypo Corn Snake

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  11:24:04  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok if his skin has gone very dull that is definetly a sigh he is going to shed! Also you may just have missed the blue eye stage, as the eyes clear just before they shed!

Don't panic some snakes don't move at all whilst they are shedding, i mean it would be like you trying to walk around all day with no eye sight! They just don't wana bump into things lol!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

LAsweetie
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  11:50:39  Show Profile  Click to see LAsweetie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ok, thank you. You have put my mind at rest lol :)

Hannah :)
owner of one Hypo Corn Snake
Go to Top of Page

Jono2411
Yearling

United Kingdom
639 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  12:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he is definately going into shed... The Baron, who is always out and about in the evening hasnt been seen for nearly 6 days...
Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  12:16:31  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats OK LA we are all here to help lol!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000