New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  19:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I posted a topic a few days ago about shedding and you said my snake was going to shed because of the milky/blue eyes and "darkening" of the snake.

Well i was at the pet shop the other day to buy some moss and instead on the wait to the til i saw a nice moss hide that came with moss so i took that instead. Anyway, i've been checking in the cage twice a day, once in the morning and once before i go to bed. And the other day my snake was in its little "corner" of the viv with really blue eyes i was like... ok i "think" thats normal so hopefully going to shed someday soon.

Anyway the snakes eyes arnt that blue anymore but she is still quite dark coloured and i havnt seen any shed in the viv what-so-ever... I just wondered if this is normal in the shedding process or if she is ill?

Regards,
BBBlake

Many Thanks To Solid For The Sig.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  19:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its normal for the snakes eyes to clear up 2 or 3 days before shedding.

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  19:53:01  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Did you do all ur homework before getting your snake!
All care sheets will tell you the snake eyes will go clear, then it will shed in a few days!!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero
1.1.0 Leopard Geckos - Marley and Lemon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  19:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic, thanks for such a quick reply mate your a bloody star lol!

So she should be due any day now?

Also i moved the false bush to see how she was doing, and she moved towards me tounge flicking as if it was feeding time, is this normal because she is blind or partially blind during shed and has to rely on her smell to move around?

regards,
BBBlake

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  20:20:50  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah she should shed within the next week mate!
And yeah that is fine, she was just being nosy of your smell!
Did you try and feed your snake during shed?
If not it maybe worth trying it once, cz both my snakes eat fine during shed lol!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  20:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No she is due for a feed on wednesday, and i was gonna try even if she didnt take it

Yeah, i did my homework i just forgot about all the info on the shedding, its my pitiful mistake, cheers for all your help and quick replies though!

Regards,
BBBlake

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  23:01:29  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigBoyBlake

No she is due for a feed on wednesday, and i was gonna try even if she didnt take it

Yeah, i did my homework i just forgot about all the info on the shedding, its my pitiful mistake, cheers for all your help and quick replies though!

Regards,
BBBlake

Hun from all your posts I've read the last couple of days you do seem to have done your homework, and you certainly seem to want to give the very best care to your snake! Don't feel bad about asking questions or making mistakes As for the colour, yes they do return to 'normal' for a couple of days after the 'blue' phase. And most of mine will eat during a shed, but then sometimes not, depending on how they feel. It certainly wont hurt to offer them something during this period, and if it eats great, if not don't worry and try again after

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  00:12:51  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chimp276

All care sheets will tell you the snake eyes will go clear, then it will shed in a few days!!!

that read like a bit of a harsh response there, can you try to either make response seem less harsh, or don't respond.
I've only ever read 2 caresheets that say about the eyes going clear again after blue-eye, unfortunately not all caresheets will hold ALL information possible.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 07/07/2009 00:13:10
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  03:35:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your replies they have been so quick! Thanks for the "up-lift" cherry, its nice to know im doing something right lol! Also thanks for the i dont really know how to say it... Uhmmm re-assurance i suppose you could say lol, that i shouldnt be affraid to ask as all im going to get is help.

Thanks once again

Regards,
BBBlake

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  11:43:50  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

that read like a bit of a harsh response there, can you try to either make response seem less harsh, or don't respond.
I've only ever read 2 caresheets that say about the eyes going clear again after blue-eye, unfortunately not all caresheets will hold ALL information possible.

I didn't mean it that way at all lol! I had just had a very frustrating day that day, you know the ones lol!

So I am sorry if i took it out on you BBBlake!
I promise i will be a good boy from now on

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  17:09:03  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
No worries Blakeyboy (I know I changed your nick lmao), a lot of this stuff is just trail and error for a first time owner - but I really respect that through your 'trials' you really don't want to make any 'errors' to the detriment of the care of your snake, and that makes you a top class snakie owner in my book! I still ask questions and I bet owners that are more experienced than me do also - getting the basics right it imperative to the welfare of your pets so it's always better to ask around and be sure. I've had a snake for over two years that I thought was one thing, and only found out on here the other day he was a completely different morph! lol. Many of the books/care sheets I've read seem to have differing info about certain things anyway, so it's best to get as much info about stuff as poss from different sources to help you make the best decisions in snake care!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  23:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, i dont really tend to take much to heart now-a-days, and i gathered that you could have had a bad day, and dont worry, i kinda like it when people chop and change and give me new nicks.

And thanks for that Cherry, it really gives me that.. Ooomph (if you get me lol)

Thanks all and happy keeping

Regards,
BlakeyBoii aka BBBlake (see what i did there lol)

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  00:33:52  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you dont ask you wont know and theres no one who knows everything,some of my snakes can take a week to shed once their eyes have cleared,like i always say,theres no such thing as a stupid question.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  01:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:

I didn't mean it that way at all lol! I had just had a very frustrating day that day, you know the ones lol!

So I am sorry if i took it out on you BBBlake!
I promise i will be a good boy from now on

Aye, no problems, I assumed as such. We all have them.
Kaz sometimes has a good day to balance everything out as well.

I'm so gonna get Kingered for that

[

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Chimp276
Yearling

United Kingdom
587 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  11:41:48  Show Profile  Click to see Chimp276's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lol well i think today could be a good day, finally gna go see transformers!!

0.1.0 Hypo Stripe - Aero

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  12:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

lol well i think today could be a good day, finally gna go see transformers!!

transformers is amazing!!!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  15:19:29  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm off to see ice age with the lil one today, as a treat cos my eldest is on holiday with the school. It's in 3D and everything, bring on the funky glasses! I love kids films

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000