about to go into shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  21:35:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so tic tacs eyes are starting to go a bit Misty looking (not sure if its blue, i have a bit of a hard time with my colours ), so i think shell be going into shed soon anyway after her little accident with the tape i reckon shes going to have a difficult shed so any advice on this would be really helpfull so i know before problems occur

Thanks
Kev

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  22:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah if they're going a misty colour she is probably going into shed soon, and the blue will become pretty strong soon enough (well mine did) and then they will go sort of normal, meaning she will shed within the next week.

As for the difficult shed, all i can offer is what i have done my homework on in the caresheet, get some Sphagum (not sure if thats spelt correctly) and stick it in a marge tub, larger water dish and the other option put the snake in a tepid bath and let it go through a towl in your hands to help loosen the skin.

Regards,
BBBlake

Many Thanks To Solid For The Sig.
Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  22:45:30  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Tepid bath

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  23:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, hopefully the shed is okay but she lost a wee bit of sjin so i think shell shed fine down to the break in the skin and then the skin after the break might be a problem, anyone had an experience were there snake has lost a patch from the top layer of skin before starting a shed?

Aslong as her scales are fixed afterwards thats all that matters really , im sure i can help here through a bad shed anyway

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

71 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  03:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey mate, there isnt a lot more i can really offer forward as im only a new keeper myself, but im sure someone else will be along tomorrow as its 3:46am lol! Just keep confident about the shed, you seem to know what your doing but if your unsure dont be afraid to ask

I hope all goes well for you.

Regards,
BBBlake

Many Thanks To Solid For The Sig.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000