Scale Problem - Any help please??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  19:51:36  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My Carolina, Daksha, has always been healthy and had no significant problems shedding, but just recently I noticed that she seemed to have some remnants of skin on the scales of her head. On closer inspection the scale between her eyes seems to have an uneven, rough, almost cracked surface. I have added pix of her healthy head and a close up of the problem to see if anyone knows what this could be. She's eating fine and happy, she does have a house mate, they've only lived together since feb, and I did wonder if perhaps this was a scar from being bitten, but they don't fight and Daksha is the bigger, more dominant snake of the two anyway - and I was told upon purchase they were both female. Any suggestions?

Healthy head

Poorly head

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  12:20:46  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Just bumping , does anyone have any suggestions at all??

ty x

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  12:50:56  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
has it gone into shed reacently?

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  13:00:42  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Last shed about two weeks ago, but wasn't all in one piece...I didn't notice the weird scale straight away though

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  13:13:04  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
might be retained shed

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  13:27:05  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah it doesn't look like that though, it's hard to see from the pic but the area looks almost lumpy. I tried giving her a bit of a bath and a gentle rub to see if it came off but it didn't (and that usually works if she has retained shed)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000