Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 The early hours club (00:00 till 07:00 ONLY!!!)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  00:13:56  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

For once I am up for a reason other than pain and being unable to sleep! My son is diabetic type 1 and his blood sugar is haywire - much too high too often. Consultant thinks it is down to growth and hormones (he is 12) but wants us to check his blood a couple of times during the night, at 2 and 4. Of course OH sleeps through alarm and for once I was actually asleep and woken by it. To then wake a 12 year old, get sense out of him enough to get him to do his blood test (which took a lot of arguement although I am not sure how much of that was him sleep talking)it now seems silly to go to bed just to be up again at 4. Got 2 more nights of this - what fun!! xxx

I remember going through that stage, I hated having to get up in the night to check my blood sugar levels, was nice if I was low though, nice midnight snack
Hope his levels calm down soon.

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  04:09:57  Show Profile
Kehhylr.....(peers carefully round corner)....am I allowed back??? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  04:18:30  Show Profile
0415 busy as usual.........only 1 more shift then 2nights off...woopeeedoooo

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp
0.0.18 assorted gold fish
axolotl eggs ready to hatch
0.1.0 Chaco golden knee T
0.1.0 chilli rose pending!

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  04:24:32  Show Profile
(whispers) I will answer your post BTD as soon as I know Kehhlyr hasnt booted me out of the group, am doing 2nd night of tests tonight so got to ****e him now...ssh...I'm not really here.....xxx

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  00:16:30  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
*Whispers back to Kellog*
If Kehhlyr doesnt let you back in, feel free to email me Or just sneak back in when he's not looking

Anyone about tonight then?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  00:39:08  Show Profile
im up! just had a chinese ( i know its late but i was hungry lol)

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

369 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  00:39:24  Show Profile
i am, just back in the door

0.0.1 Striped Cali King "Hunter"
0.0.1 Snow corn "Stockton"
0.0.1 Blue tongue "Thompson"
1.0.0 Cat "Jaws"

My photobucket, http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/kevindollar/ Some randoms in there but mostly reps

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  01:03:06  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Either of you still here?
ScorpioLeah you've made me hungry now

Well im done, My beds calling...Good night all

Edited by - BlueTongueDan on 15/08/2009 01:11:16
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  02:03:22  Show Profile
lol!

night dan

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  04:07:04  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

*Whispers back to Kellog*
If Kehhlyr doesnt let you back in, feel free to email me Or just sneak back in when he's not looking

No answer from Kehhylr as to whether I am banned or not so pretend I am not here!!!

Are you a type 1 diabetic BTD? Jos (who is 12) was diagnosed a couple of years ago after a terrible few months where GP said twice it wasnt diabetes so we were thinking it was cancer or something like that. He was eating so much but looked so skeletal I couldnt look at him when he had a bath, he was constantly drinking and wetting bed, having to leave every lesson to go to the loo and getting bullied for it. He was even sleep-drinking, my daughter caught him drinking from the bathroom tap and he was fast asleep. His personality totally changed and he was so angry and tense all the time, my husband even said one night that he didnt recognize his own child. In the end, after waiting and waiting for a referal, I rang child assessment unit and said either you see him know or I bring him into A & E. They saw him straight away and within half an hour we had a diagnosis. His blood sugar was 36 and he ketone acidotic - emergency situation. Was admitted, put straight onto insulin drip and saline, and within an hour was behaving like my son again.
He finally started doing his own insulin injections at the beginning of this year and was really feeling in control, but unfortunately it has now gone completely haywire - he is getting lots of highs and only coming down occasionally, which is why we are doing these night tests. They think it is because of hormones but arent sure. Think the next move is to attach a blood sugar monitor to him that checks his blood every 30 secs for 3 days, so they can get a better picture as to what is going on. They have finally given him some tablets for the headache that comes with being high - he missed the last 2 weeks of school because his headache was so bad. It is just such a shame and he is feeling very frustrated and upset about it because he had just begun to feel as though he was in control of his diabetes, in control of his life, and this happens. Poor kid.

Better sneak out again before anyone notices me.

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  03:09:35  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
No one been here for 3 days then???

Slackers!!

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  00:59:41  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address
Hellloooo
Think I got some catching up to do.

Go to Top of Page

Brookestar
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2361 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  01:39:59  Show Profile  Click to see Brookestar's MSN Messenger address
hi im here
Go to Top of Page

Stumpy
Hatchling

United Kingdom
418 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  02:02:15  Show Profile
I have just popped in from work.
Lunch break.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2009 :  02:23:36  Show Profile
0225hrs....last shift, 4 nights off, yessssssss.......beer is calling me...........only 5hrs and 20mins to go..........

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2009 :  05:51:46  Show Profile
Anyone on at moment? Hopefully Kehhylr isn't and won't notice me after my absence of a week - or maybe the absence has made his heart grow fonder and I am officially reinstated??? Pleeeeaaasssseeee........ xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  03:55:30  Show Profile
*echoes back and forward* Haaaaallllllooooooooo.......anyone there..........

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  03:30:37  Show Profile
Checking in.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

595 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  00:56:33  Show Profile
havent been here in awhile. anyone in tonight?

0.2.0 corn snake
1.2.0 Leopard Gecko
2.1.0 Hermann tortoises
3.1.0 Dogs
0.1.0 Bird
0.0.5 Fish
1.0.0 Ferrets
1.2.0 bearded dragons
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

348 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  02:11:50  Show Profile
0200hrs, 3rd shift, 1 more to go.....5hrs 45mins to end of shift.......Morphine anyone?
Oh and yes I'm the 2% of evil nurses that exsist within the NHS MUhawhahahahahahahahahaha.........

I get really naffed off with news items like those on last nights TV news. No one ever does a story on those nurses (98%) who do a great job, work long hours often staying after there shift ends to help those in need and often getting little or no thanks from senior management for doing so.If you listen to the news we're either killing old people or taking months off on the sick and having a jolly at the tax payers expense! Therespooppeople in every walk of life and in every field of work a little bit of support and praise once in a while wouldn't go amiss....Am i peeved you bet I f*************** am!

1.0.0 cash snow corn
0.0.3 koi carp

Edited by - n/a on 28/08/2009 02:12:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly