Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 The early hours club (00:00 till 07:00 ONLY!!!)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 28

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  02:56:04  Show Profile
Must admit I haven't seen that news item, for the simple reason that I never watch the news (I like other kinds of fiction) but from what you're saying I'm guessing it was bad. Shame, really, because the patients do really appreciate the nurses even if sometimes they're in too much pain or too drugged to say so. Senior management probably have no clue what you're doing anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  03:21:47  Show Profile
Hey. Been off a while cos internet down, then spent last night in hosp with my son. A & E about 10.30, moved to paediatrics A & E about half hour later and then onto ward about 2.30am. It was cos my son's diabetes went sky high and he had ketones in this blood. Blood tested hourly through the little part of the night left and put on saline drip. Finally home 4.30pm. Must say nurses were fantastic, made us feel really looked after and reassured - more so than the docs we saw, usually group of them who muttered amongst themselves and fired questions at me. Finally would explain in as few words as poss. Nurse would then put it all into English for me and explain in detail. Have so much respect nurses!!! xxx

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2009 :  03:22:47  Show Profile
PS - morphine greatly accepted!!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  01:40:13  Show Profile
Anyone here tonight?
Go to Top of Page

3k5k
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  01:53:49  Show Profile
hey you konw i am as i just answered you answering me MUM LOL

1.0.0 Ghost Corn
2.1.8 Marine fish
0.0.£££££ Corals
Go to Top of Page

3k5k
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  02:06:05  Show Profile
OK OK. I am not really in the early hours club, more like the late hours club as I haven’t gone to bed yet at 2 am and need to be up again at 8.30 am.

It’s the thought that counts though and I thought I could do it.

1.0.0 Ghost Corn
2.1.8 Marine fish
0.0.£££££ Corals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  02:56:28  Show Profile
Hi Hawkeye. You still awake? The Hawk or the Eye? xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  03:51:07  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Hi Hawkeye. You still awake? The Hawk or the Eye? xxx

Here all the time; no rest for the wicked. The Real Hawk is snoring softly upstairs (don't tell him I said that!) the Eye, as the profile says, is ever-watchful lol.

Btw, it's his birthday today 29 Aug, this is where he turns 14. I hope to h**l Shen feeds tonight, it would be a nice birthday "gift" for the Hawk to see that first feed occurring.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  04:05:06  Show Profile
I hope he does. Such a relief when that first feed happens. Gets even better when they can handle them and feed them - my 12 year old dangles the mouse and Kellog strikes and constricts - but took a long time for that to happen and he found it so tough being patient until Kellog was ready. Unfortunately Jos just been awake - he is diabetic and woke up feeling low, so blood test and stuff some biscuits down his throat and back to sleep, hopefully til morning. Must admit I am looking forward to school going back! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  04:28:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Must admit I am looking forward to school going back! xxx

You and I both. Is your son starting year 8? Read your earlier posts re diabetes. How long since he was diagnosed?

Earlier in the evening we saw Shen doing some amusing stuff, such as his tail was still going but his head was already reappearing at the same spot (while the rest of him was wrapped around something large that hid everything except head and tail ) or, he wrapped himself around himself in such a way that I was wondering if I'd have to untie that knot ...and then gracefully slipping through unaided, of course.

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  05:09:22  Show Profile
They are amazingly agile, arent they! Kellog burrows under substrate and you have to really search to find any sign of him, which you would think would be easy considering what a big snake he is! At the moment he has made himself a rear entrance to his hide by burrowing in under it. Still sant believe he can fit so tight into the hide that you can barely see him!

Yes Jos going into Yr 8. He is a bit nervous cos he missed last 2 weeks of school cos diabetes was haywire cos of hormones, giving him a really bad headache. Hopefully the headache is under control now so school shouldnt be a problem. He has been diagnosed for nearly 2 years now, started doing his own insulin injections at the beginning of this year. He seems to have accepted it, although if he is high or low if effects his emotions and he can kick off about having it. He didnt tell his new class when he started Yr 7 - guess he wanted to be known as just Jos rather than Jos the diabetic. Think most of them have worked it out now, but he is handling it really well.
Also got a 16yr old daughter, Tandia, who is starting her A-levels. She didnt get the GCSE results she had hoped for or had been predicted, but I think she did great and probably only missed the higher grade by a mark or 2. She got 1A, 4Bs and 4Cs. She is tall and beautiful and I want to lock her up and throw away the key! Its scarey when they grow up, you just get a host of new problems! xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2009 :  05:28:56  Show Profile
Understood. Sounds like all in all he's handling it well, so well done to him!

Loved the story about Kellog the Burrower A few days ago I couldn't find Shen but knew he was in there somewhere. Since it's still hands off I didn't want to investigate too closely but I was really curious to know where he'd gone to, so I took a slow, methodical look at viv floor level, eyes squinting, and then I spotted a bit of him under a hide. The trouble is that at the moment he has perfect camouflage colours!
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  00:06:28  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
Anyone here?
Paulasparky and I are currently having a live chat on http://Kehhlyr2.camstreams.com come join us.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  01:00:16  Show Profile
Sorry I had to leave so soon, but I will return to it sometime, promise. xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  01:12:54  Show Profile
Checking in.
Go to Top of Page

nova1990
Yearling

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  01:17:18  Show Profile  Click to see nova1990's MSN Messenger address  Send nova1990 a Yahoo! Message
hey im still awake yawns i cant sleep yet again

Corn Snake - Ayame
Mexican Black Kingsnake - Ryuzaki
Bearded Dragon - Puff
Salmon pink Tarantula - Olivia
Antilles pinktoe Tarantula - MossChops

Ipswich, Suffolk
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  01:23:29  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message
then come join us!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  01:59:53  Show Profile
No webcam here. You wouldn't be able to see me anyway through the cloud of smoke.
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  02:04:21  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

No webcam here. You wouldn't be able to see me anyway through the cloud of smoke.

You don't need a webcam, I have my snake feeding cam on still.

It's on me though, so you might not be keen.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

893 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2009 :  02:14:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

You don't need a webcam, I have my snake feeding cam on still.

It's on me though, so you might not be keen.

Saw your pic in your profile. If your hair is still the same colour then we might get into a fight over what colours are best. Personally I prefer dark green but for some reason last time I tried it didn't hold too well and I was left with just the green skin. Held beautifully on my nearly 10 years old, though.

Are you telling me to join that chat even though you wouldn't be able to see me at all?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 28 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000