Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  19:02:24  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A week today till I snake my way to Bristol for a weeks work exeperiace in the exotherms section!!

I am soooo stoked!!! I'll be taking my camera so I'll be getting a lot of pics from places that very few of you will ever be able to go

Jealous much?

~~ My Zoo ~~
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon - Cooper
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko - Layla
1.1.0 Cats - Zelda the Maine Coon & Link the Ragdoll X Tabby
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids
0.0.20 Community fish tank

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  19:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did work experience at Bristol Zoo about 6 years ago in the bird section! It was AMAZING!!! So much fun, and it's awesome to be able to walk around the zoo free of charge in your lunch break.

Have a great time, and post lots of pictures.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:27:32  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PunkAsF82
Jealous much?

Yes

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:32:40  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
congrats,can you get me a free family pass welcome to brizzle too

Go to Top of Page

Budaholic
Yearling

United Kingdom
689 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  22:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Budaholic's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hope ya enjoy the experience Cat.......... What am I saying, your an animal nut! of course ya will

Corn Snake Forum Members Map

Please add your details HERE
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

608 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  23:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Jealous is the word

1.1.0 Dog
2.1.0 Cat
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko
R.I.P WINNIE 7.7.08 - 29.8.09
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon

Go to Top of Page

Ell
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1640 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  10:50:32  Show Profile  Click to see Ell's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How fun ^^ I work with Paighton zoo myself. Im doing my Masters thesis on environmental enrichment for reptiles so I get to fiddle with all of their reps :D

1.0.0 Normal corn snake - Dusk
0.1.0 Strawberry Snow Stripe corn snake - Dawn
0.1.0 Harlequin Crested Gecko - Stickles
1.0.0 Sable Syrian Hamster - CoCo
0.1.0 Hognose snake - Truffles
Go to Top of Page

nikki77
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2009 :  14:04:01  Show Profile  Visit nikki77's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ell your masters thesis sounds cool!! All I got to do for mine was mess about with otters poo - didnt see as much of the actual otters as I would have liked to tho!! Good luck with your Masters!!

And hope you enjoy your work exp Cat - sure you will love it and will give you a great headstart when you eventually go looking for a job!

I'm hoping to get a job at Longleat or Marwell when my car accident injuries have sorted themselves out!!!

0.2.0 Milly & Molly (tortie cats)
0.1.0 Visuki (Amel Corn)
Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  13:16:35  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well! Today I'm off to Bristol CAN'T WAIT!!! I start tomorow at 10am, so I will be keeping you all updated day to day if i have internet

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

nikki77
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  13:24:12  Show Profile  Visit nikki77's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good luck, I hope you really enjoy it and make plenty of useful contacts. Have fun

0.1.0 Visuki (Amel Corn)
Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  15:05:47  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I did my work exp at school on a farm...not quite as interesting as a zoo, mostly just cow poo! Although I did get to look after the horses, yay! Was years ago now, but then I did a week at a vets for my NVQ animal care, and that was pretty interesting; I even got to help out in surgery with pre and post op care. How did I ever end up doing an English Lit BA??? lol

Go to Top of Page

Tizzy
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
1202 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  17:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

I've got some vouchers you can have if you want them (BOGOF entry and kid goes free with adult type stuff) - no good to me we have an anual membership card, don't think you could really pass for me though....or we could always give you a purple Mohawk and you can try using OH card LMAO.

Enjoy Bristol Zoo, Special place for me as my grandad designed and build parts of it many moons ago.

3.2.0 corns 0.3.1 Leopard Geckos, 0.1.0 Mad Staffys 1.0.0 Moggie. 1.2.0. Devils in training.

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  20:57:27  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Special place for me as my grandad designed and build parts of it many moons ago.

Cool, what was his name, I'll ask around

INCREADABLE FIRST DAY!!

First got to clean out and play with the giant tortoise. they are amazing
Then got to clean out really rare turtles, they're so cute!
Sprayed and fed some chameleons, fed some collard lizards and chuckwallas, all displaying, so funny to watch.
Cleaned out the feeding and breeding crickets, had a mini panic attack from a rouge house spider which now lies in powder on the floor
Checked all the temps, sprayed down the tortoises and got my own bunch of keys and the entrance code . They're so nice and are really making me feel at home.

Next update tomorow!

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  22:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow sounds like a great time!
more than a bit jealous!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  19:04:43  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
DAY 2!

Firstly washed all the windows in the reptile house, only to have them smothered in grubby little hand prints 2 hours later lol.
Then went and sorted out the giant tortoises, got mobbed by rhino iguanas, and got blackcurent juice sprayed all over me
Helped transfer a (insert name i've forgotton) python to surgery, was getting an absess removed.
Sprayed down the chameleons, clened out 21 RUBS, fed chuckwallas, pancake tortoises etc.
It's such good fun! But my feet are killing me and I keep getting lost on my lunchtime walks

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

cherry-milkshake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  22:41:10  Show Profile  Click to see cherry-milkshake's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds awesome! *is jealous*

Go to Top of Page

nikki77
Egg

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  19:47:22  Show Profile  Visit nikki77's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Come on then tell us about day 3 onwards!!!

0.1.0 Visuki (Amel Corn)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

395 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  21:27:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what happened on day 3?

Go to Top of Page

PunkAsF82
Yearling

United Kingdom
909 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  21:59:02  Show Profile  Visit PunkAsF82's Homepage  Click to see PunkAsF82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Right! Sorry about no updates, for some reason this particular thread wouldn't let me post!

Day 3 - Cleaned out the giant tortoise enclosure, had a tug of war with Biggie over the hose (he stood on it). Got laughed at by the public lol. Had a shower with them eventually when he decided to move and i had the nozzle on full blast and a massive surge of water came through.
Then washed the windows, cleaned out the chuckwallas, collard lizards and the chameleons whih I also sprayed. Fed the collards and chuckwallas, got repeatedly bitten by a rather mean collard who decided my hand was a cricket. Cleaning, lunch etc

Day 4 - Washed windwos, sorted out tortoise, helped move 3 gorgeous Cuban boas, only to spend 2 hours wedged in their viv cleaning them out lol. 35 degrees might be nice on holiday, but doing a full clean out? Not so nice. Very narrowly missed being tagged by a rouge prehensile tailed skink (I was gonna steal one for you Dan but I got caught ) which was being taken to clinic.
Cleaning, sliced my hand open on a very sharp rock ledge in the chicken frogs viv. Got scratched to hell by a green tree monitor. War scars to follow me thinks

Day 5 LAST DAY - Sprayed chams, spot cleaned collards, chuckwallas, pancake tortoise and spiney tailed egyptian lizard. Fed the amathystine pythons. Stood staring at the amathystine pythons. Fed the dwarf crocs. Cleaned out the whole chicken frog enclusre (another 2 hours wedged between rocks). Helped clean out the tortoise hatchlings (THEY'RE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!) and then came home

All in all, the swollen feet and battle wounds aside, a very good week! Have my proof certification. and will hopefully be back next year! Pics up soon

~~ My Zoo ~~
0.1.0 Amel corn - Lucky
0.0.50 Malawi Cichlids

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  22:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow sounds like you had a great time!!
look forwards to seeing piccies and hope the wounds heal soon!

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

BlueTongueDan
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1462 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  23:23:26  Show Profile  Visit BlueTongueDan's Homepage  Click to see BlueTongueDan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you had a great time!
Im so jelous that you got to mess around with monkey tailed skinks and green tree monitors
Shame you couldnt get the skink out, I would like one of those Thanks for trying though

www.youtube.com/BlueTongueDan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000