beatrix prefering being up high?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenow
Egg

51 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  12:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just moved beatrix into a viv and she seems to spend most of her time hiding in a hanging plant? Is this normal as I thought they preferred being on the ground. Also how much should she be eating she's around 4months old

Lee
Yearling

United Kingdom
522 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  12:51:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The little ones do like to climb, my 2 month and 9 month olds do all the time, the 4 year old doesn't bother. I would say feed a pinkie or two every 5 days. Do a search on here, there are a few feeding plans.

1.2.4 Corn Snakes - Carolina, 2 x Bloodred het Lavender, Amel, Snow, Anery and Carolina.
0.0.1 Cali King - Ziggy - escaped!!
RIP Princess x
Go to Top of Page

ScaryVonHayleystine
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1773 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  13:09:59  Show Profile  Visit ScaryVonHayleystine's Homepage  Click to see ScaryVonHayleystine's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are a few feeding threads on here that you can search using the search engine at the top right. For the climbing, each snake is an induvidual. My two are opposites, one likes to hide and stay low, the other is more out going and likes to climb :)

Albino Addiction ... <3
0.1.0 - Creamsicle Cornsnake (Mo)
1.0.0 - Bubblegum Snow Corn (Gabriel)
1.0.0 - Lavendar 100% Het Hypo Corn (Ezra)
1.0.0 - Bairds Rat Snake (Lazarus)
0.0.1 - Crested Gecko (Pan)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2013 :  20:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They say corns aren't arboreal....but someone forgot to tell our corns . Lots of corns do climb so its nothing to worry about. A couple of points that might be why she's changed her behaviour....double check the heatmat temps are ok and she's not trying to escape being too warm and it also may be that she's feeling a bit exposed being in the bigger viv, so make sure she's got enough cover at ground level. Or it may be she just likes hanging around .

As for feeding, all corns differ so it's hard to say what she should be feeding on and how often. As long as she's eating, drinking, pooing and putting on weight then she's fine . This thread should give you some hints - A VERY ROUGH guide to feeding

Xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000