New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blaze14
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  18:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick question (because my research has confused me) which is the morph with the most white, with the least pattern and yellowing? I've seen a snow stripe hatchie for sale and think that would look quite nice as he gets older and the pattern fades slightly. But also getting confused between avalanche/blizzard etc.
Aaaaalso, what is the proper bloodred? Where they turn out completely dark red. I've seen bloodred, and bloodred diffused... Are these the same thing?
Thanks!

0.1 Amel Corn Snake - Blaze
0.1 Butter Motley Corn Snake - Khaleesi
1.0 Chihuahua - Rocky
0.0.1 Tropical Fish Tank

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  19:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Blaze! Firstly, avoid things with Anery really, as things like snow stripes are more likely to (but don't always) develop yellow. You want to ideally go for Blizzards (Amel+Charcoal) as they develop less yellow. So I'd go for Blizzard or Whiteout, but individual specimens will always vary :)

On the Bloodred side, it's a sad fact that most people label standard Diffuseds as Bloodreds. Bloodreds should look like:

http://iansvivarium.com/morphs/species/elaphe_guttata/bloodred/?sid=

As adults. Babies sometimes it's harder to tell, but the darker the better. If you want to get a Bloodred hatchling, ask to see the parents first, and that'll be your clue. Bloodred is just a selectively bred version of diffused, so for most intensive purposes, are the same genetically. Bloodred also cannot be carried as heterozygous, so anything "het" bloodred, is just het diffused.

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  21:11:14  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Adding to what Oakleyman said, a blizzard stripe would be your best bet for a white snake, as the stripe would remove the saddles, side pattern and checkers.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  21:23:59  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I personally would go for a whiteout lol Blizzards sometimes retain some yellow ive seen a few with yellow was a bit dispointed cause i thought they didnt have any whatsoever

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Blaze14
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2012 :  22:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow! Never heard of a whiteout :O Dammit, that means a new obsession that's not going to be too easy to get my hands on!
I love how the bloodred hatchies have little skull head patterns, think they're quite pretty at that stage anyway, but can see how it would be difficult to see which onces will get really dark and patternless. As you can see I'm going through a bit of a "no saddles" phase. Or something with a stripe. Fingers crossed for christmas!

1.0 Chihuahua - Rocky
0.0.1 Tropical Fish Tank
Go to Top of Page

oakleyman18
Yearling

828 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2012 :  08:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good choice, I frickin LOVE stripes ;) I'm going to be making my first batch in the next couple of months, butter stripes, amel stripes, caramel stripes and normal stripes. Can't bloody wait! :D

Oscar Morrell
0.1.0. Tessera het Caramel Diffused Hypo ph Amel Anery CB'12 "Cassi", 0.1.0. Diffused Powder CB'12 "Ruby"
0.1.0. Normal Stripe, het Hypo, Amel, Lavender CB'11 "Amber", 1.0.0. Lavender Stripe het Diffused Anery Amel Hypo CB'11 "Pluto"
1.0.0. Hypo Opal Ph Stripe CB'12 "Hops", 1.0.0. Caramel Stripe het Amel CB'08 "Jasper", 1.0.0. Opal Stripe het Anery CB'09 "Topaz"
0.1.0. Amel Stripe het Caramel CB'09 "Poppy", 0.1.0. Tessera het Amel Lavender Stripe ph Diffused Hypo Anery CB'12 "Amethyst"
Go to Top of Page

vetdebbie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2012 :  23:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, whiteout will probably provide the whitest snake

Powders stay pretty white too:

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2012 :  22:28:58  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
powder stripe would make a good project

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Blaze14
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2012 :  19:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo oakleyman I'll have to keep on the look out for your batch! I love butters too, I have a butter motley at the mo. May have to get one in stripe!
Vetdebbie those are such gorgeous snakes, exactly what I was looking for, really want a whiteout now!!

1.0 Chihuahua - Rocky
0.0.1 Tropical Fish Tank
Go to Top of Page

vetdebbie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2012 :  22:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Handily, we do have some whiteouts for sale.....;)
Go to Top of Page

Blaze14
Egg

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  14:50:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:O vetdebbie! What do you mean "we"? Are you part of pro corns? How much are they selling for, plus delivery (if you do it?) And do you have them often? May have to get xmas expenses out the way and then treat myself!

1.0 Chihuahua - Rocky
0.0.1 Tropical Fish Tank
Go to Top of Page

vetdebbie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  22:41:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whiteouts are £60 and we can get Wild World Reptiles to deliver for £35 most places. Yes, I am part of procorns :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000