Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  14:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why do these threads always have to turn into vegan/veggie bashing fests? Yes, a lot of vegans/vegetarians are thick, and take things far too far, but we are not all like it, just the same as all meat eaters aren't heartless immoral murderers of cute fluffy animals....

Sta~ple, some vegans believe that keeping a pet that eats animals/animal products doesn't fit with their moral code because it means they have to support (in some way) an industry they don't agree with. I can understand that, but would rather they just didn't get those pets in the first place as I feel forcing a veggie/vegan diet on another animal is wrong.

Redshift, your post makes no sense- carrots aren't sentient beings, corn on the cob cannot suffer and most animals can. Even fish.

I just wish people didn't feel the need to belittle other people's lifestyle choices just because it's different from theirs. I don't do it about people's religions, dietary habits, lifestyle choices etc etc, but whenever I see a post about vegetarians/vegans it seems to be acceptable to "LOL" about it all the day long.

(And for the record, I find the whole vegan snake thread ridiculous and cringeworthy)

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

rubi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
374 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  20:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tha was cartainly an interesting conversation, what i dont understand is why it was either feed it mice, feed it tofu (and kill it) or have it put down..whay was rehoming not an option? surely thats the obvious one. anyone who would suggest putting an animal down just because of what it eats in my opinion is a complete a*** I have nothign against vegans and can udnerstnad there views but surely the world would not survive without carnovorous animals wed be overrun with insects, rabbits mice etc.

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  20:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Hmmm you see this all over the place, people with 'opinions' and 'beliefs' that they are far too eager to convert the world to. I personally am a realist lol, stuff eats stuff, that is all, its been evolving in that direction for 3.8 BILLION years, its a circle of life (Thank Elton for that one) and 1 person thinking that eating things that have only fallen off trees etc is not going to change the way things have been for well 3.8 billion years is a very long time.

What a lot of these people dont understand is that if we didn't cook and eat meat we would not have evolved such intelligent brains to be able to ponder the plight of plants and animals that they now dont want to eat lol.

^^^^^^This!!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  20:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Totally agree, if you can't bear to feed a carnivorous or omnivorous animal the correct diet for its needs due to a lifestyle choice that makes it immoral in your opinion, then rehome it to someone who can, don't keep it and be selfish.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Luk_Fen
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  21:35:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It makes me cringe to think that someone would suggest putting a snake down for the simple, unchangeable fact that they can only eat mice :(
Snakes don't have morals, they have inscint. It is wrong to force an unnatural concept on an innocent animal - weather it be a snake, dog, cat ect...
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2012 :  22:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It wasn't a suggestion to merely put an animal down, that wasn't the point being made. They were feeding a snake a diet that was unnatural and would have killed it eventually, by the thinking of the thread to save the life of mice the snake would have to die either quickly or prolonged with a incorrect diet.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Moppet
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3315 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2012 :  00:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
!!! Stupid people. Makes me ashamed to be a veggie (well, technically a pescy but people tend to laugh when I say that...).

I own a dog, rats and a snake and they all eat meat (the rats less often than dog and snake obviously).

I don't agree with forcing your own opinions/lifestyle on other people and trying to do it to pets is just cruel imo. If you are not prepared to feed an animal meat, don't get a carnivore as a pet!

2.4.0 Corn snakes
1.0.0 horse
0.1.0 Golden retriever
1.4.0 Guinea pigs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000