eggs have changed colour...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  15:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've got 17 eggs, that when forst laid and put into an incubator were all white and lovely looking, and over the last week or so most of them have gone sort of browny-yellowish- theres only about 3-4 that still look good.the ones that are still nice and white seem to be bigger aswell, where they were all the same size to start with- is this the 'bad' ones shrinking? or do healthy eggs expand?
main Q really is, do these look like they're duff ones? if they are, do I need to separate them?
thoughts please?

and you thought there was no such thing as a stupid question....

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does look like you have some bad one's there. healthy eggs do grow through incubation and bad one's will get smaller. i'd leave them another week just to make sure they are bad. don't worry either bad eggs won't effect the good one's

Edited by - kev 5 on 01/06/2012 15:52:11
Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  15:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thx kev- what do you think could have caused this? is it something i've done wrong? they're all still really stuck to each other- i read somewhere that bad eggs come away separate, but these havent

1.2.0 corns: captain haddock, sharon the tiddler and Darling Debbie. plus 0.2.0 cali kings: spot and Numpty... not forgetting the delightful Miss Lovely-Gonzalez-La-Poop apricot pueblan milk snake, and we all miss the Lodger who thought he was a cobra....
Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm guessing your humidity and temp is fine, some of the eggs look really good. i doubt it's anything you did. as for bad eggs not sticking, not true my females 2nd clutch of 8 only had 2 good eggs but they we're all stuck together tightly. if your humidity and temp is good which it looks like it is then like i said the good eggs will be fine. just see how they are in a week

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:41:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh okay- thx for that. i know i should be glad i have the ones that still look good, but cant help still feeling a bit sad, tho, at so many turning out to not be healthy when they all looked good at the start

i was kind of hoping someone would say- ohhh don't worry theyre fine....

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  16:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dont give up hope on them though, because they may still be okay!
you hear of eggs covered in mould that still last the whole incubation period and hatch.

Also, spag moss sometimes stains the egg shells.. perhaps that could have something to do with it.

Have you candled the eggs? might give you an idea of whats going on.

That really little one looks like it's probably bad, but the rest are still full and dont look too unhealthy.

Id keep an eye on them (obviously you would anyway lol) and keep us updated.

And at least the healthy eggs look really really good! :D

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

nickyff
Yearling

507 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2012 :  19:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vic- thx for 'they might be okay' b

in a similar vein- re-reading kathy love earlier today and came across a mention of a healthy hatchie that took 120 days to pip.....

AND she says that the time taken to hatch ranged from 69 to 80 days with her own, so you've still got plenty of time by all accounts-
x

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  08:12:54  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They look fine to me, how long since they were layed? A few of mine were a really off white colour and hatched fine, others didn't hatch. You shouldn't need to sepearte the duff ones, probably do more harm trying than if you just leave anyway if they are joined up.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000