Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  17:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have just bred a hypo lavender and a anertheristic together, does anyone have any ideas what i possibly might get?

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  17:24:06  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
normal het lavender hypo and anery.

keep a pair back and you should get lavender ghosts

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  17:26:02  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
however corns have been breed so much you could have some results any way. but if u expect normals any thing else will been a bonus

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  17:53:28  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As above, normals het anery lavender hypo.

Keep 2 back and you can produce Lavender Ghosts, Hypo Lavs, Ghosts, Moonstones (Anery Lavenders), Lavenders and Anerys.

It'll be a nice little project.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  18:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what ones do i keep back? and what do i breed the ones i have back to? Sorry im not really good with this genetic stuff!! :(

Tasha
______
4.0.0 - Corns - Hypo-Lavender (Lucifer), Bubblegum Snow (Houdini), Striped Carolina (Sarafino) and Black Cat (Ralphie)
0.2.0 - Corns - Anertheristic (Valentina), Lavender (Aiyana), Lavender (Di-nixi)
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  18:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also i think my female might be carring the motley gene as her babies last year come out half one patter and half another (not a true motley) also the snows that came out of the batch last year (different male used) have black in their eyes? (i though snow corns lacked the black pigment?

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  21:20:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
keep a pair or 1.2 (etc etc), any of them because they'll all be normals. Grow them up and breed back to each other.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2012 :  22:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool thanks for that im hoping i get some weird colours but i think that's wishful thinking!!

Also i put a little x pencil mark on the top of the eggs that arent in the main clutch, ive seen people doing this, is this safe for the eggs i havent heard anything happen to the eggs but thought id ask anyway

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  13:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard you can use pencil to lightly mark them, so that if you needed to move them (which you shouldnt really) you know which way is up.
just dont use ink lol! they'll absorb it and I don't think they'd appriciate it!

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  15:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only marked a few only because they were laid seperatly from the main clutch so had nothing to glut to so are mobile

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2012 :  23:37:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i put a pencil mark on as I count eggs so I don't lose count (as well as knowing which way is up) :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  08:52:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys my eggs have hatched and i have 5 amels and 5 carolinas, can anyone explain in further detail what is going on genetically for me to get these morphs out so i know what the mum and dad are carrying.

Also one of the amels has the last 3rd of its body pattern not so clear tp the others, is this a vanishing pattern? Also all the amels have black in there eyes as does my snow from last year?

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  10:27:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if you have amels coming out then both parents must carry the amel gene so they must be....
hypo lav het amel and
anery het amel, at the very least, but i cant explain the black eyes...

maybe someone more experienced can explain, maybe you could put some pics up???
Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  12:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks i have no idea about their eyes as i thought amels didnt carry the black pigment but this is the second batch from the mum where the morphs that wernt supose to carry black have had a black line around their pupils with the correct colour surrounding the black line????

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  18:26:52  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The black line surrounding the pupil is common. It's a shadow cast where the light hits the iris before going into the pupil.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  19:38:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does that mean that it should disappear in different lights? or stay there all the time?

Tasha
______

Edited by - Tasha89 on 10/07/2012 19:38:29
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  19:49:42  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It should disappear as light moves across it. My hypo lavenders' eyes reflect red from the pupil so I can see a bit of shadow.

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  20:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The marks do not disappear i have some pics:-

Tasha
______
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  20:27:44  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, that is black! I was thinking more of the darker line surrounding the pupil...

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  20:39:43  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
its probably the back of the eye showing through

Go to Top of Page

Tasha89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
257 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2012 :  11:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc_sg

normal het lavender hypo and anery.

keep a pair back and you should get lavender ghosts

What pair do i keep back as i have carolinas and amels?
And if i keep them back what morphs will i get breeding them back?

Tasha
______

Edited by - Tasha89 on 11/07/2012 11:27:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000