Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Rebekah.Taylor
Hatchling

United Kingdom
130 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  09:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am new to this site but have bin breeding corns for many years and I always cut a slit on side at the top (don't cut down the middle of the egg) of mine 2 days after the first hatch and they then come out when they are ready this year my first hatched 3 weeks ago and the last just popped it's little head out yesterday the only thing I have noticed is this time with it being open for so long it was geting dry inside so if you do cut them do look in them every day just to check they aren't drying up inside and give a little spray with same tempeature water just under the flap where the snake is , I know people are going to say no don't do it but I have bread corns for 16 year and had no internet to help me and my first clutch 3 didn't make it out of there egg so I had a year to read books and every year after I have cut them and not lost a baby in the last 15 year so it can't be that bad of a thing I am doing so any way if it was me I woud cut the 1 you are most worried about and if it isn't ready you will see or if it's dead you will know witch is better than not knowing and you have enough on your mind at the minute without adding the worry of are they alive in there and if they are can they get I use small nail scissors it's safer cuz when they are ready they fill most of the egg and could cut the snake with a blade if you need advice you can ring me

Corn mad
Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  14:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers for that Rebekah.
I know a lot of people disagree with cutting, but ive been researching and found a lot of people do it weeks before they hatch and the eggs stay the same, they just incubate normally and come out when they are ready even with an opening in the egg.

That was my main concern, i did not want the snake to come out too early, or for the egg being open to kill the snake.

I'm going to give it a few days and then if nothing has happened im going to make an incision in the top egg.

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

QueenVic
Yearling

United Kingdom
849 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  02:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some one make my eggs hatch please!!

I'm going insane waiting! haha

0.1.0 Normal (Espher)
1.0.0 Snow (Midnight)

2 GALS
1 rat (Jasper)
1 very needy staffy (Coco)

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2012 :  08:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are taking their time. got a clutch of 28 on 51 days now. seems to be taking forever so i can imagine how you feel

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000