Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  12:41:30  Show Profile
the owner of the shop has come on to this post and appologised and has also invited people to come back and chat with him about your concerns, surely this should be viewed as a good thing? if he didn't care about his reps he wouldn't have bothered commeting on this thread or even try to resolve the issues commented on.

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  17:33:11  Show Profile
^^ *like*

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  18:48:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

You have your opinions and I have mine, but I can not believe how conditions can be that bad and you just walk away without confronting the owner, choosing to post on a public forum instead. If I visited a shop and conditions were as bad as you claim then I would most certainly speak to the owner and if the owner was not in on that particular day then I would ask the shop worker to contact them and ask them to come to the shop. Leaving the shop and not confronting the persons responsable is as bad as causing the conditions in the first place.

Two people visit the same shop and both have concerns over the cleanliness yet neither speak about it to the owner I just don't get it

That's your opinion how can I be as bad for walking away from the situation I assessed the situation and done what I thought was best by walking away
1 I don't like confrontations if I had confronted the owner he could of got aggressive how was I to know how he would react.
2 I was with my partner who I will add is recovering from cancer so it was easier to walk to away that put her through more stress if things turned ugly.

If you care to trawl through various posts on other forums there wer issues raised about cleanliness dating back to 2007.
Also I did speak to the owner yes he is very knowledgeable about the reptiles he has but the impression he gave us was that all he was interested in was slating other shops in the area again this another recurring theme across various forums.
I sure the guy is a very nice chap.

I will continue to use my local shop who I will say is top notch all the vivs are spotlessly clean the prices are reasonable.
When ever I go in the shop they are always making sure the vivs are cleaned also by every viv they provide a hand cleaner to use before you handle any reptile.
Also nothing is to much trouble for them if they haven't got what your looking for they will source it out for you and have in the shop within a couple of days.
In my opinion they are a real credit to the reptile trade a lot shops could learn a lot from their customer care.

I'll say it again if shop was clean then there would not be a debate.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  18:52:14  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

the owner of the shop has come on to this post and appologised and has also invited people to come back and chat with him about your concerns, surely this should be viewed as a good thing? if he didn't care about his reps he wouldn't have bothered commeting on this thread or even try to resolve the issues commented on.

Yes he has come on the forum but have you also considered he my have alternative motives for inviting us back.
I for one am not prepared to find out.
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  19:45:18  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
well it just so happens i have a holiday booked in warminster for the 11th of june just one mile away from this shop! i have heard alot of good things about this shop in the past and i will most certainly go and visit! i shall not be put off by this thread but rather go and decide for myself. :)

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  22:24:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by darrkang3l

well it just so happens i have a holiday booked in warminster for the 11th of june just one mile away from this shop! i have heard alot of good things about this shop in the past and i will most certainly go and visit! i shall not be put off by this thread but rather go and decide for myself. :)

Its good to hear that you are not put off by this. It will be interesting to hear your views of this shop, like you say, alot of people do say it is a very good reptile shop

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 13/05/2012 :  22:26:22  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Toggsy

quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

Yes he has come on the forum but have you also considered he my have alternative motives for inviting us back.
I for one am not prepared to find out.

Sorry but I really do think you are taking things a bit far with this remark.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  01:23:26  Show Profile
I have no further comments to make on this subject I know what I witnessed and saw to which I gave a truthfull and honest account
So why I should justify my actions for walking away without saying anything and then to be told I'm just as bad is beyond me I'm not the one in the wrong here.
All my reptiles have clean bedding and fresh drinking water provided at all times no ifs or buts.
If certain members insist on defending him by saying I was wrong to post what i found on here then you are only endorsing his bad practices which goes against what this forum stands for which I though was happy healthy snakes then sadly I can no longer be assoiated with this forum.
If anything by posting on here has done more good because the shop owner saw what was written and now hopefully the shop will clean its act up and give the reptiles proper care they need and deserve.

F.A.O moderators and admin
Please will you kindlly remove my account from the forum
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  08:02:23  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage
quote:

If certain members insist on defending him by saying I was wrong to post what i found on here then you are only endorsing his bad practices which goes against what this forum stands for which I though was happy healthy snakes then sadly I can no longer be assoiated with this forum.

You know that one members opinion does not speak for all of us? And that no-one has endorsed bad reptile husbandry?

You have put your argument and reasons across very well, and the shop owner has taken notice.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  21:34:59  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:

I have no further comments to make on this subject I know what I witnessed and saw to which I gave a truthfull and honest account
So why I should justify my actions for walking away without saying anything and then to be told I'm just as bad is beyond me I'm not the one in the wrong here.
All my reptiles have clean bedding and fresh drinking water provided at all times no ifs or buts.
If anything by posting on here has done more good because the shop owner saw what was written and now hopefully the shop will clean its act up and give the reptiles proper care they need and deserve.

F.A.O moderators and admin
Please will you kindlly remove my account from the forum

my comment was not aimed at you btw. i was just saying how i am going to visit anyway and by all means i hope it has improved! :D

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  21:35:38  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

quote:
Originally posted by darrkang3l

Its good to hear that you are not put off by this. It will be interesting to hear your views of this shop, like you say, alot of people do say it is a very good reptile shop

thanks red! :) yeah i hope it will be aswell!

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000