Regurge, but what? Help Please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  21:38:12  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When I was at work this afternoon got a call from my OH (in a bit of a panic) saying that Suki had just regurged something looking like a white slug. Told her to leave it where it was as she had gone back into her hide (Suki not my OH) so I could look when I got home and to me it looks like the skin from the fluff. Suki was fed on Monday, 6 days after her last feed which was fine and there was a poo in the faun when I got home tonight as well so it looks like she has digested all but the fur. Picture of it below so don't scroll down if you don't want to see. Anybody got any ideas as to what it is or why? Temps are fine, nothing changed in her set up. I assume that I should leave her for 10 days now and just change water and spot clean if there are any more poo's?

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  22:34:26  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
thats a full regurge. leave it 10 days and try again with a smaller meal. and if she keeps it down the try again after another 10 days with her normal sized food item.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - marc_sg on 05/04/2012 22:35:29
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  22:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't look very regurgy to me. Looks like what I call a fur plait, basically fur doesn't digest and once in a while they poop out these twisted masses of fur. Did you have a more close look at it, get the knife and fork out and pull it apart? lol. There doesn't appear to be anything that resembles the mouse. Oh and the standard issue regurge test, did it smell so bad it burns the throat?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  22:52:38  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Doesn't look very regurgy to me. Looks like what I call a fur plait, basically fur doesn't digest and once in a while they poop out these twisted masses of fur. Did you have a more close look at it, get the knife and fork out and pull it apart? lol. There doesn't appear to be anything that resembles the mouse. Oh and the standard issue regurge test, did it smell so bad it burns the throat?

I did not get the knife and fork on it this time , but picked it out of the faun in a clear sandwich bag and squished it around a bit but it only appeared to be squishy fur and yes oh my god it stank. It defiantly came out of her mouth as my OH watched the whole thing happen. Still leave for 10 days you think?

1.1 Corns (Anery Stripe, Amel) 1.0 Rootbeer 0.2 Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 Zebra Jungle Carpet Python 1.0 50% Diamond Zebra Carpet Python
Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  23:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
midnight always does a normal poo, and then a day or two later a full hair poo. as its defo a regurge, normal 10 days alone, with only water change a poo picks. when midnoght regurged i covered her viv, i did daily water changes with reptoboost, gave her a smaller meal after 10 days and touch wood shes been fine. and moved up a size food aswel. x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  23:23:54  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you think that I have moved her up to fluffs to soon and she is unable to pass the fur the 'normal' way so she has vomited it up? She has had 5 feeds on fluffs now but not noticed any fur before in poo or in a 'slug' like that? If I do put her back onto pinkies shall I just give her 1 or 2?

Go to Top of Page

Georgina
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2382 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  23:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if she has had 5 fine and this is the first like this then i would feed her a pinkie after 10 days and then 7 days later give her a fluff again. when midnight regurged it was a double fluff feed, i could only give her a fluff on the next feed as she pays no attention to pinkies. x

1.0 western hognose (hero)
1.0 phantom reverse pin dal brindle crested gecko (goyle)
0.2 red dal red harly (sprite) 99% full pin Harley crested gecko (TuLong)
0.0.3 miomantis paykullii
0.0.3 Bombina orientalis (oriental fire bellied toad)
0.3 fancy mice (snap, crackle and pop)
1.0 yorkshire terrier (jasper)
2.1 cats (echo, shadow and pokey)
Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  12:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like more than one mouse worth of fur, maybe it just got a bit clogged and hocked it up like a cat does. I would still leave it the 10 days but I wouldn't be overly worried if all the temps are fine and its normally eating fine.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Donnie
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3215 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  14:09:31  Show Profile  Click to see Donnie's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, got a couple of pinkies now for when I start feeding her again hopefully it will be a one off.

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  22:26:53  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
gd luck

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  08:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ewww nice lol! I hope all is OK and feeding goes fine next time. At least I know what to look out for too!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000