New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EmilyG
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2012 :  19:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone I'm new to posting, although I've been reading a lot on here and i was hoping someone can help me coz there seem to be some pretty knowledgeable people on here
I've got a corn snake and today right after I fed him and put him back in his viv he started roaming around but jerking his head and body. So I'm just hoping there's nothing wrong with him. I've seen vids of snake having a seizure and his movements were not as violent as that and he didn't go limp. He's not off his food coz he just ate and he's back to normal now, just exploring his viv which I clean when I take him out to feed him (so I guess it smells pretty strange when he gets back in!), hope someone knows what this is.... Thanks!
Extra info: snake is 5yrs, bout 5ft, lives in a 4ft by 20" by 18" viv, 30C at one end 22C at the other, I clean with trigene at 1:100, feed 1 medium mouse a week and he's just shed last night

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  19:00:01  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it sounds like he's looking for a lady snake :)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kez
Hatchling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  22:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's breeding season at the moment and that jerking movement that you describe sounds like what a male snake does to stimulate a female snake into sexy time

0.1.0 - CB10 Creamsicle - Maisie
0.1.0 - CB10 Ultramel Motley - Smudge
1.0.0 - Leopard Gecko - Ziggy
1.0.0 - Crested Gecko - Koji
0.0.1 - Chahoua - Chewie
0.1.0 - Rescue Greyhound - Becki
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2012 :  11:18:30  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yus sounds like snake sexxy dancing 2 of my boys are at it right now too xx

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

EmilyG
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  13:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mamma, Kez and eeji. Aw so he's just lookin for a good time ! That's cool they do a dance for the ladies, better than a cheesy chat up line lol! Cheers again for replying x
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  18:19:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, mine's been doing the sexy dance whenever I try feed him, I think he may be a bit confused!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000