Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  10:38:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no that's awful, what a total b*tch, I feel so sorry for you

It may be worth putting a pic up on here of your snake for people to see?

Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  15:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah no hun,thats awful. Your snakes do not affect her in the slightest as she doesn't come your house. Does she not realise she's hurting her son with this behaviour too bearing in mind how much he likes them.
Hope she falls of her broomstick!

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

lupi lou
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3670 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  17:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so sorry that is horrible that you've had to give in to that evil hateful woman! hope you find a home for him

1.0.1 Corns
0.1.0 Dog: springer
1.0.0 Horse
0.4.0 Gerbils
2.2.0 Leopard gecko
0.2.0 Cave gecko
Go to Top of Page

tk72
Hatchling

United Kingdom
494 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  19:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do have to rehome Midget could any from the site do it on a short term basis. As in when you have space for another one dont wanna say when one passes on but there you go. Then they could pass him back to you. Know it would be a bit of a pain for some people but if anyone has space maybe they could take him in for you. If someone does rehome him for good though does he come with anything and do you want some money or possibly a donation for an animal charity that you know of. Hope you get it sorted out.
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  19:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ill post a pic of him up in the snake pics section, some body mentioned about the shed idea, i asked would it make a difference to my friend if her dogs lived out side and they said no 10 animals per house hold in the garden or house i was thinking of saying that to them that the dogs lived out side and so did the guineas but it wouldnt make a difference, plus i currently have 14 animals and only the cat is really old the others are relativley young, he wouldnt come with any thing as he is in a viv in the viv stack currently as he loves his big spaces even though its not reccomended he uses every inch of it :) his hides etc would end up being used for my other reptiles too unfortuntley as i foster the odd reptile for a charity i work with (now snakes are off my option list :( , a really good home is most important for me that is going to spoil him rotten like i do (if that possible) lol so just asking for a small amount for him to ensure he doesnt go to free bee hunters that would just sell him on really, im in leigh lancashire and ive put an add up for him on this page but no where else as i want him going to some one i can stay in contact with if possible to see how he is getting along and if your on this site your passionate about your snakes like i am :) x

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  19:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So so sorry, i would have gladly have taken some in with the hopes of them going back to you, sadly i am too far away

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  19:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
becky ive just emailed you
Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  20:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please text me i have added my number in the email
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  20:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay ill check my email and thanks scottish for your consideration

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  20:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no email in inbox or junk :( its bextorzanimals@hotmail.com

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  21:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have resent email to your email
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  21:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive text you hun thank you :)

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  21:33:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like midget is awaiting pick up from claire and daz next saturday :) Thank you all so much for your support :D xxx

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  21:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol i just been on google maps to plot our route thank god its mothers day the next day
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry :( I hope you can get that evil cow back somehow though.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  22:39:06  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have only skimmed through the first page of this thread, but usually pets are defined as "animals that could cause damage or flea infestation to a property". By rights the council can say absolutely nothing about them, they arenot classed as pets because they are contained in tanks, like fish!!
Fish do not come under the same rule for pets as furries do.

In regards the ex telling social services, then let her. Social services will visit to confirm that there is no danger to the child, and she'll have no leg to stand on.
We had a similar issue a couple years back when we had a rottweiler and my grandaughter used to live with us, they came round saw that the dog and we were safe, if you try to avoid the visits they will assume the worst and that you're trying to hide it.

Quite simply as someone else has said, hit it head on, if need be, YOU invite social services round to confirm that it's a safe environment for the child, you'd be surprised at how nice they are really if you don't try to avoid things.
Then get them to confirm in writing that it's a safe environment and stuff that right up the ex's backside with a nice bow tied round it made of barbed wire.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  23:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Have only skimmed through the first page of this thread, but usually pets are defined as "animals that could cause damage or flea infestation to a property". By rights the council can say absolutely nothing about them, they arenot classed as pets because they are contained in tanks, like fish!!
Fish do not come under the same rule for pets as furries do.

In regards the ex telling social services, then let her. Social services will visit to confirm that there is no danger to the child, and she'll have no leg to stand on.
We had a similar issue a couple years back when we had a rottweiler and my grandaughter used to live with us, they came round saw that the dog and we were safe, if you try to avoid the visits they will assume the worst and that you're trying to hide it.

Quite simply as someone else has said, hit it head on, if need be, YOU invite social services round to confirm that it's a safe environment for the child, you'd be surprised at how nice they are really if you don't try to avoid things.
Then get them to confirm in writing that it's a safe environment and stuff that right up the ex's backside with a nice bow tied round it made of barbed wire.

Couldn't have said it better, you are not breaking any rules keeping a few snakes, not the councils tenancy rules, not the court order (I'm sure there won't be a snake and other animals the mother is frightened of clause in there) so absolutely call her bluff, it sounds like if you've had to get a court order that she is just being difficult and this is just an excuse to continue that pattern of behaviour. Tell her to call whoever she wishes to call as they will find not a scrap of a reason to change any arrangements already in place.

Good luck and I hope you sort this without having to give up everything you love.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

mikeyd_26
Yearling

United Kingdom
716 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  23:47:21  Show Profile  Click to see mikeyd_26's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
totally agree with K and lotabob ^^^
and although a corn is obviously a snake it is totally harmless what threat could it possibly be?
theres always the hide him option?
dont give up yet :)

0.1.0 amel - TaLuLa
0.1.0 anery motley het amel, hypo - Bo
1.0.0 vanishing stripe unknown - Marley
1.0.0 hogg island boa - Iggy
0.1.0 hogg island boa - Luna
0.1.0 royal python - Buttons!
1.0.0 royal python 66% het albino - Steve
0.1.0 leopard gecko - Sheila
millions of beardies!

Edited by - mikeyd_26 on 08/03/2012 23:48:59
Go to Top of Page

smart bunny
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5091 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um guys, she's already rehomed one snake and the other is going to Claire Daz.

So sorry to read this, but glad someone from the forum has taken him on. I must admit I was tempted as I saw you were in Leigh - but I thought that was Leigh-on-Sea in Essex lol!! Lancashire is too far!! Not a problem now though as you have sorted it. So sorry it ended this way though, I hope your partner appreciates your sacrifice! xx

Go to Top of Page

claire_daz
Hatchling

United Kingdom
412 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  10:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i've been and ordered his viv this morning and we gonna keep in touch with her lol snakey updates my oh was only saying on sunday that he thought the normal corns were very pretty so when becky said she needed help i only had to memtion midget and he was all for it . i was well happy as i've been dropping hints for the last three weeks about having another snakey which he has been ignoring lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000