Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  06:40:38  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
let us no how u get on fingers crossed for u

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  08:37:28  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
To be honest I'm surprised that she hasn't moaned about the pet sheep. I'v known them to charge at people and be really grumpy. Much safer to have a couple of corns around lol

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:30:10  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have nosey/gossiping neighbours who just love nothing better than to report people for various things so i know how the op feels it was one of my concerns about me keeping snakes as well as i live in a council flat but i checked my tennancy agreement and theres no limit on the amount of caged or reptilian pets as long as they are looked after properly however in the past i had an rspca inspector visit once because someone had reported me for keeping animals in cramped condoitions when they came in and saw the animals which i was obviously more than happy for them to do they could clearly see someone had wasted their time and i got a written letter of apology from them (anyone that knows me knows absolutely no question about it that i always put my animals needs above my own they are catered for first!) my neighbours are so grossly misinformed though and theres little point in me trying to educate them because they are not the brightest bulbs in the box! everytime i see them im asked if the snakes have eaten the cats or birds yet **sighs**

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  13:00:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some people just have nothing better to do that interfere and cause unnecessary grief! I have a strong dislike for those people haha. All the things that go off in this mad world and the best they can do is pick on innocent folk.

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  14:22:26  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does she have any pets? I'd be more scared with a kid as young as that around cats, dogs and big birds than snakes. Maybe ask why she is so freaked :/

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  17:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's got a phobia of snakes and i dont know why :(
Ive rang the council and said i was enquiring about a friend, they said there is a maximum of 10 animals per house hold not including any aquatic ?!? which i thought was really weird i could have a tank the size of a room and it be ok but not loads of tanks that take up less space ?!? i didnt tell them this as i was 'asking for a friend' but at least i know, im slightly more worried now as they could make me down size by 4 animals if they came :( So do i risk her telling them and having to give up 4 animals or do i very hesitantly rehome my 2 beautifull snakes ? To save 2 of my other animals. I have no doubt she will tell them in the end she is a right cow :( I dont think she has any pets maybe a rabbit but thats all. Help x

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

serena_08
Yearling

United Kingdom
784 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  17:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until it happens, don't worry about it. She MAY be just looking for excuses to be a madam, and then if she does and the council turn up you can explain that to them, especially if some (dog/s, rat etc) could temporarily be housed with a friend or family member. If its easier to have the furries away for a week or two than the reptiles, that's what I would do.

1.0.0 Corn: D-Bo (Amel)
1.0.0 Western Hognose: C*ntyB*ll*cks
0.1.0 MBK: Rosa
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko: Zuko
0.0.1 Bearded Dragon: Kobe
0.0.1 Fire Bellied Toad: Snoop
1.1.0 Cats: Penny and Sheldon
1.0.0 Staffy: MooMoo

I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  18:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea thats a good idea my dad would stash the dogs away just hope they dont see my facebook page with all my animals on lol id be screwed thanks so much x

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  18:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Blag it. Say you called the council, explained the situation, and that they were fine with it.

What they don't know, etc...

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

kev 5
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  18:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would rather take my chances with the council than give in to her. but that's just me. you must do what you think's right for you.

Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  19:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do the gecko's live in one tank and the big rats (the G Pigs) share a tank too? That might help if they are housed together?

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Felicity (Flick) (Normal Het Albino BCI 0.1)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Maisie (Hypo het Albino BCI 0.1)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

Redshift Spec
Hatchling

379 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  19:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 animals 2 tanks/cages?

Frank (Amel Corn 1.0)
Felicity (Flick) (Normal Het Albino BCI 0.1)
Jack (Sunglow BCI 1.0)
Maisie (Hypo het Albino BCI 0.1)
Silver (Snow Corn 0.1)
Go to Top of Page

dansharpy
Snake Mite

33 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  20:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately ive had first-hand experience of parents that are at logger-heads constantly, its normally the kid that loses out! From my experience, if i was you the first thing id do is tell her you've already spoken to the council and there is no problem (which technically there isnt...yet!) Next id remember that councils and their various divisions are far from well oiled machines! Thinking they will turn up on your door step one day with bags or whatever to take your animals away is unrealistic. If the above calling her bluff doesnt work and she does call the council, and they eventually come round (which could take months/years!) plead ignorance. Say you didnt realise you couldnt have that many animals and you will attempt to rehome them, but that could take time. Councils may be slow, but they arent stupid. They will be able to see exactly what the nutty ex is trying to do and, hopefully, if you play the game right, they will work with you, rather than against you. Im sure if they see they are housed correctly and not causing damage they will be fine with it. Good luck!

Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  20:49:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There all perfectly housed and spoiled so is the little lad, ill tell her ive rang them and see what she says thanks x

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

110 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  21:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would point out the benefits the little lad is getting from all the animals and the experience of being around the animals you could also point out your teaching him about resposibllity of looking after animals as each requires different needs.
She sounds a bit like my ex wife but I own my home so she can't dictate what I can and can't do
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  22:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hah, maybe I'm just being cynical, but it sounds like she's being a spiteful b*tch.
Pets of all kinds are fantastic things to have as a child!
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  00:12:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea she has no problems with how many pets i have its just the snakes and she is spitefull very much so, ive told her i rang the council and they said its fine then we had world war 3 about it all and she said she is still ringing them to complain :(
Im now having domestics with my other half bout her ruling our life and he is just concerned that he wont be able to see his kid even though we have a court order ... sigh i regrettibly rehomed my largest corn crackle yesterday after spending 2 days in tears now i need to find a loving home for my faveroute baby boy midget then this is all over with, gonna miss them all so much though and want to make sure my special little boy goes to a special home... Any offers on him he's only tiny hasnt grown hardly since i had him about 6 months yet he sheds monthly and in one piece every time, eats 2 pinkies week, normal colour, very tame and loves being held and sitting on your hands. Can anyone help me find a great home for my last great little boy pleeease xxx

Go to Top of Page

darrkang3l
Hatchling

United Kingdom
403 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  00:44:17  Show Profile  Visit darrkang3l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think you may be too far away for me. where are you located? its so sad to hear! i just wish you could find another way around it! :(

0.0.1 Corn Snakes (myst)
0.1.0 Leopard gecko (Meg)
0.1.0 Girlfriend. (Mel)
0.1.0 Staffy (molly)
1.1.0 Royal pythons
Wish list - Chinese water dragon, Tegu! Rainbow boa!

R.I.P Shayde
Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  08:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I just say, what an absolute cow! I'm gutted for you havin to give up your snakes, and even more gutted that you have to let her win!!

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

mkmattyk
banned

United Kingdom
837 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  10:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does it say anything about having a shed of some sorts to house the snakes????? what research ive done means 10 animals inside the house NOT in a shed.... worth some thought???
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000