Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  23:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey gang,
just wondered if anyone has dealt with constipated snakes ?
Rudi our boa hasnt poo'd with us yet , we got her the 16th december and shes fed on 2 adult mice , and four rat fluffs ( one every 7 days) and no poop .
Shes started to look abit bloated now and i have done some research on here and and found loads of scary stuff . Someone has suggested stop feeding her till she poops , bathe her in tepid water and get her moving in the bath also get her out to excersize more as constipation can be caused by bad muscle tone ? its been hard to handle any of them as they are all being treated with mites :(

Any advice or tips ?
thanks

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  23:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Sanke does the same, sometimes feels like a bag of poo, Sanke's last few poo record is 09/09/11, 16/10/11, 13/11/11, 11/12/11, 18/01/12 so she is pretty much once a month so its probably nothing to worry about but a bath wont do any harm if you want to go down that route and wil help with the mites too.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Yearling

United Kingdom
935 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  23:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think im just worried as i read lots of scare monger posts . we have had her a month and abit so im not totally stressed out but she feels like a gas bag , so im hoping she goes soon , never thought i would say that about a boa pooing! lol

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  23:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw your pictures on TRP. She isn't constipated I dont think, if that picture is shedding then the poo is probably on its way, Sanke goes either the same day or a couple of days after shedding and its horrific how big and bad Boa poo is, if it is accompanied by a tsunami of wee its deep clean required.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000