shedding problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aboynton
Snake Mite

4 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  20:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, form your support on here I now know that my snake is on the 'chubby side' and im not monitoring his feeding more carefull and ensurin he gets plenty of play and exersize.
The last 2 sheds he has really struggled with. He sheds to about half way down his body but then instead of peeling off smoothly all the way, it all gathers up around the middle of his body-it almost looks like a thick tight band around him. Last time i put a towel in the bottom of the bath with a little bit of water which seemed to loosen the skin and he was then able to 'rub it off' on the hides in his viv. Have you got any idea why this has started happening-hes 8 years old and never had problems shedding in the past? Im just concerend that it might happen when im not home.

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2012 :  17:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1) He is fat so the thin skin of the top of him is having to stratch round its big ass and getting stuck.

2) Humidity must be too low.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000