calcium powder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  20:45:51  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
can i put the calcium powder in their water bowls or does it have to go on their meala

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  21:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why calcium powder? snakes dont need it. they get it from the mice

Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  21:38:07  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
in the book ive bought they give it to their females when breeding them. i didnt use it last year and her double clutching looked like it really drained her so was gonna try and give her a helping hand this year

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  22:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
reptoboost then, dissolve it in the water. ours only got it after they laid though

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2012 :  23:07:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a snake breeder but would be interested to know. If the female has a lack of calcium is it the eggs that suffer and not so much the snake? Do crummy eggs pose a higher risk of binding etc?

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  18:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I'm not a snake breeder but would be interested to know. If the female has a lack of calcium is it the eggs that suffer and not so much the snake? Do crummy eggs pose a higher risk of binding etc?

Not snakes I know but with hens if there is a lack of calcium it can cause soft shells and this in turn can mean the hen has trouble laying the eggs and the egg can become stuck inside her and brake causing death.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  20:06:42  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
she hasnt got a deficentency i just wanted to put a bit extra in her diet.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2012 :  22:27:57  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
depends if is soluble or not - if it is then in the water, if not on/in the food.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000