New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwilloughby08
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  10:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a 2/3 year old corn, about 3ft long. She has starded shedding every 3 weeks, is this normal?

the only thing i can think of the the guy who i got her off was feeding her mice that didnt leave any lump after she was fed. she now gets 1 large mouse every 7-10 days. could this be the reason?

Dancross0
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1315 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  10:23:06  Show Profile  Visit Dancross0's Homepage  Reply with Quote
She might be going through a growth spurt now she is on more food, so will shed at regular intervals until she is fully grown, and then the shedding process will slow down.

It also varies between snakes; I have 2 hatchlings born 2 days apart and one sheds every 33 days, and the other sheds every 43 days.

Aguna CB11 Anery - Typhon CB12 Amber - Plissken CB08 Carolina - Iara CB11 Caramel

Indra CB12 Lavender (?) - Evren CB12 Carolina (?) - Ophis CB11 Hypo Lavender - Sirae CB11 Ghost Motley

Go to Top of Page

Jackk94
Hatchling

United Kingdom
104 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  21:53:25  Show Profile  Click to see Jackk94's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she could have mites! snakes shed a lot when they have mites, i'd check her out if i were you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000