Tortoise tank to snake tank?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  18:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya,

Long time since I've been on! While i've been away I was offered a tank for £20 by a work colleague who used to keep a tortoise in it. It's two and a half foot long and I wanted to use it as a move-up tank, but its got a vented roof and I'm not sure whether it'll hold heat ok, advice?

Thanks

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  18:23:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be more worried about its ability to hold a snake in than heat, the mesh lid doesn't look secure so thats about the only thing you'd need to fix other than that it can be treated as a big faun.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Spreebok
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1135 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  10:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heat mat heat generally just heats the surrounding area, so I wouldn't worry about it holding heat, as the floor will be warm and thats where the snake will be.
Go to Top of Page

Yearling

950 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2012 :  19:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks the retics growing fast and will need to move up soon!

1.0.0 Carolina Motley Cornsnake - Vin, 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Rio, 0.1.0 IJJ Carpet Python - Luna, 0.1.0 Dwarf Sunfire Reticulated Python - Helia, 1.0.0 Royal Python - Jasper, 0.1.0 Spaniel - Jess; RIP Gypsy - a beautiful girl through and through, 0.1.0 Rabbit - Binky, RIP Indy, Jan 2010 - Aug 2011, and Ace, Jan 2009 - Aug 2011
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000