shedding worry
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  21:07:18  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi im guessing/hoping people will tell me not to worry. but my carolina strip ive hadproblems . at first he refused feeds for a month so i took him back to the shop at the end of july got him back 3 weeks later. he shed after 2 of me having back and he ate the week i got him back with me feeding him. but after that one shed he hasnt since. so we're up to nearly 3 month without a shed. but he has nearly doubled in size should i worry or will nature take its course.

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle
soon to have female pin royal

R.I.P SHELLY

Edited by - gmac on 26/11/2011 21:08:49

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  21:08:11  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry can some one move this to the health catagory please

0.1.0 Amels (sid) 1.0.0 carolina stripe (simon)0.1.0 ghost (silva) 1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)
1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  21:20:08  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

adamasrc
Hatchling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  22:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wouldn't worry too much, as long as he's not losing weight

0.1.0 Buttercorn (Molly)
1.0.0 Royal (Duke)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReptilesQuest?feature=mhee
You there! subscribe to me!
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  23:19:42  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah hes gaining weight nicely hes nearly doubled in size. i check all my corns so i kbow i aint missed it and hes eaten it( ive been told that some will )

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  23:36:23  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nah hes gaining weight nicely hes nearly doubled in size. i check all my corns so i kbow i aint missed it and hes eaten it( ive been told that some will )

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2011 :  23:38:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he is looking healthy, i dont think you should worry, if he is eating then fine, if not maybe try to leave it a few extra days than you normally would, might help?

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

meggi
Hatchling

United Kingdom
321 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2011 :  16:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont worry,he`ll be absaloutley fine X
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2011 :  18:56:49  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi just a quickie but since i posted this subject its been nearly another 3 weeks and still no shed. hes not refusing food. his eating every 6 days and getting bigger but no signs of a shed

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  21:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put a tub of damp spagnum moss in with him, if he wants to shed hel go in there to moisten himself up.
Have you noticed him in blue atall? If you have and hes not shed then you could have a problem, as he'd be showing signs of wanting/needing to shed but obviously there's a problem and he cant, putting the tub of damp spagnum moss in will help all this. But if you havnt noticed him in blue for a couple of days in all this time that youv had him then I really wouldnt worry

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page

marc_sg
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1504 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2011 :  23:28:38  Show Profile  Send marc_sg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good news i found him laying in his water bowl and i thought hang on. so i picked him out and finally after all this waiting his finally shedding worry over.

thanks for the tip yola. however ive got a damp box in all my vivs constabtly so they have a choice.

1.0 staffy x beagle

R.I.P SHELLY
Go to Top of Page

yola
Hatchling

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  11:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhh thats good, glad hes managed it on his own.
I'd just keep an eye on him anyway just incase it happens again, you never know it mite just be a one off for some reason

With 27 beautiful corns I definitely have snakeitus :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000