F10 SAFE OR DEADLY???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  19:05:52  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
have heard and seen rumors about F10 having "issues" with certain reps any 1 know any thing concrete??

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  19:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure, better off with Ark-Klens
http://www.vetark.co.uk/pages/Ark-Klens_3.aspx?dept=61

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  20:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a helluva lot of folks using F10, with no problems using the stuff

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2011 :  21:00:44  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the problem is with F10 insecticide ONLY
all other F10 products are absolutely fine to continue using

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  13:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F10 have lots of different types of products, whilst i know nothing about any problems, if you are using insecticide on an animal, you are asking for trouble anyway!! I use F10 anti fungal and anti bacterial cream, and have had nothing but excellent results from it.

Go to Top of Page

thistle
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1757 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  19:06:50  Show Profile  Visit thistle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As gingerpony said, it is only the F10 insecticide that is dangerous, all the other F10 products are fine.

I've been using F10 sc disinfectant concentrate for cleaning out all my animals for years. It's the best animal safe disinfectant around.

2.0.0 Dogs (westie Angus, shih tzu Archie)
0.5.0 African Pygmy Hedgehogs (Harriet, Amelia, Matilda, Jemima, Maisie) RIP Hector
0.4.0 Guinea Pigs (Isobel, Effy, Mrs Mack & Sheila)
1.0.0 Lutino C0ckatiel (Sammy)
3.0.0 Corn Snakes - CB10 Amel (Barnaby), CB11 Anery Lavender (Bailey), CB10 Caramel Motley (Bradley)
0.1.0 CB11 Western Hognose Snake (Maggie)
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  01:10:47  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yet to also add to this;
I have been in contact with the manufacturers and distributors of the f10 insecticide, it's not purely the products fault that it was causing issues. Don't get me wrong, insecticide can cause issues if used in to strong a mix, which was the problem.
The instructions idiot proof, and that's what caused the problems.
F10 recalled until they can sort out the instructions to make it idiot proof, although I am aware of some reptile keepers that would have the ability to stuff up the simple act of diluting water.

Any chemicals should be used on the cautionary side of how youve been instructed, it makes it safer for yourself and your pet.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  21:25:49  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

...although I am aware of some reptile keepers that would have the ability to stuff up the simple act of diluting water.

maybe they should have got the snake to read the instructions......the snake having the higher IQ lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

coxymk2
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1245 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  22:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
worked with chemicals for years only one rule. IF YOU DONT KNOW DONT TOUCH.

0.0.1 ANERY (Liquorice)
0.0.1 CAROLINA (Bangle)
0.0.1 AMEL (Boozer)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000