New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  16:37:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So iv been off school the last week being 'ill' :p so I desided to use the time wisely by bonding with flicka. So iv had her out, took some pics and even tryed to weigh her (which didnt work) then took her back to her viv. I put her on one hand and layed my hand on her hide for her to slither away. Once she was off I took my hand out and closed the glass sliding door thingy. As always I stood there and watched her go off to where ever she wanted. But instead she turned around and pretty much pressed up to the glass, watching me. I moved a little thinking she was watching something behind me. She moved along a little and pressed up to the glass. I stepped aside again and the same thing happened. I then walked out of her eyesight and she just slithered to her hide.

Sorry its so long it just made me giggle so much. I was wondering if this sort of thing ever happened to you guys? What do you think she was doing? Should I be feeling special or somthin because I really am :D

And sorry if anythings spelt wrong, im on my touch screen phone, so one slip and I pretty much get a whole key board in there, lol :)

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  17:20:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never heard of any thing like that! Whenever I put my snake away he slithers as far away as possible.
So yes, I think you should be feeling special!
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  17:57:44  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My ghost motley will do that hubby is determined the snake is trying to plan to get him hahaha. I like to think he just likes me and is nosying around to see what im doing

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  19:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol yeah, I thought it was a bit creepy at first but I took it as a good sign instead of bad

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

SheWolfey
Hatchling

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  21:01:13  Show Profile  Visit SheWolfey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My snakie does that
I put her back in her viv and she stares at me. It creeps me out xD

1.1.0 Cats (Baccus and Isis)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn (Indra)
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2011 :  21:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heh,heh my Anery Pewter and my sons Bloodred Stripe do that. They'll come up to the glass from nowhere if I look into their vivs and then sit there with their noses pushed against the glass following me about.
I like to think they are cheeky little chappies.

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  09:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like to think they do it coz they love us (ha ha) Ernest did it to me when i was dusting round the faun - although it might just have been shock at the fact i was doing housework !!!!!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  09:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww that's nice!:) Nagini does that sometimes. I've always figured she was just being nosy or wanting to come out again? She's never too keen on going back into her faun and loves being handled! LOL

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  17:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walked into a shop with about 20 small cornsakes, a few of them were staring at me.

It's very intimidating, hehehe

Regards,
Dan

Still don't own a snake, roll on new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  17:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellogs just ignores us when he goes back, but if the cat goes up to the faun he stares at her, if she moves to get a better look, so does he

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/11/2011 :  18:57:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dawww its cute when they do that. My king and oldest corn do that

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  18:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, i thought maybe a few would do it but i didnt relise it was that common :) she's not done it since and i dont think shes too happy about being taken out of her viv everyday so mybe it was a one off :/

1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 19/11/2011 :  18:57:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My corn and Boa both do it, they are in my bedroom at the moment while they are getting kitted out in the living room and every morning when I get up 2 little faces appear and follow me round the room as I get ready.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000