Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  21:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May seem like a random post, but i think i'm gonna have to get more snakes as i've a ton of names to give them. I've recently become a huge fan of the spartacus tv series and now feel the need to name some lovely snakes after the charactors, especially spartacus, crixus and gannicus.

(Ladies if you've never seen these men may i suggest a trip to you tube)

LillyCrystalHarry
1.2.0 corns, 1.1.0 cats tropical guppies who continually breed

Daniel_G
Egg

United Kingdom
83 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  21:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've already chosen names for the snake i'll be getting.
But Medusa and Noodles seemed pretty suitable..

Regards,
Dan

Still don't own a snake, roll on new year!!!
Go to Top of Page

Emmy1
Yearling

707 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  21:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I named my Hoggie Jasper on a whim. No thought, just a ''what shall we name him?" "Ermm... Jasper".

Shoezy, my anery corn, got her name because when I first rescued her she was so young and so undernourished that she looked like a grey shoelace, so we named her Shoelace. Of course as she regained her health and grew larger, she no longer resembled a Shoelace, so now it's Shoezy for short. (Plus my love of shoes, naturally.)

0.1.0 Anery Corn Snake
1.0.0 Normal Western Hognosed Snake
1.0.0 Albino California Kingsnake
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Wildtype, Hypo)
0.0.3 Shubunkin Goldfish
Go to Top of Page

Mort13
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  21:40:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The corns:
Loki: Named after the God of mischief as he looked so damn cheeky when we got him home.
Falcor: After the Luck Dragon in the film Neverending Story because he's silvery,and I feel so lucky to have him.
Sabai: The name his previous owner gave him and we liked it so its stuck.
Ofelia: After the girl in Pans Labyrinth as she's a princess in another world.
Flame: Named by my daughter as he's a Fire.
Kalypso: After the Goddess/character in Pirates of the Caribbean as she spilt water all over her tub when I first got her.
Alaska: Seems fitting with her being a Blizzard/Powder.

Housies:
Echo and Eli: Named after my 2 fave African elephants from a long running documentary series due to the African link.
Ollivander: After the wand maker in Harry Potter,because he's an Olive house snake.

Vader,my MBK: He's black,what else could I name him

Petal,my Hognose: I bought her shortly after my Grandad passed away and we used to affectionately call him Petal. Seemed the right thing to do

3.1.0 Corn snakes, 1.0.0 T-Albino Cape House Snake, 0.1.0 Western Hognose,
1.0.0 MBK, 0.1.0 Childrens Python, 1.0.0 Nicaraguan Dwarf Boas
0.0.1 Occelated Skink, 1.0.0 Leopard Gecko, 1.0.3 Tarantulas, 0.0.2 Damon diadema
1.0.0 C0ckatiel,

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  22:27:51  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tehehe, not an excuse to bring up and old thread of mine or anything...but...you'll find info of my little man, and some others on the forum here

P.S. One of the mods may wish to lock my old post to prevent others adding to it??

^click for more pics^
Garrie - Halesworth, Suffolk. 1.0 AURYN (fire morph corn) 0.1 Puzzle (Cat)
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  22:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garrie

Tehehe, not an excuse to bring up and old thread of mine or anything...but...you'll find info of my little man, and some others on the forum here

P.S. One of the mods may wish to lock my old post to prevent others adding to it??

Wasn't the intention actually, completely forgot you'd started that thread though can remember seeing and reading it, was just an excuse to talk about my spartacus addiction and the need to have something to name after them

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  22:39:39  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
- Spartacus is awesome, I agree...and am soo looking forward to January . Just a couple of days ago actually, I thought that if I end up getting an MBK I may well have to call it Oenomaus...but we shall see

^click for more pics^
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  22:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
an MBK would have to be Doctore for me lol

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

garrie
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1148 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  22:58:44  Show Profile  Visit garrie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Something tells me you may not have seen Gods of the Arena yet ...great minds though...

^click for more pics^
Go to Top of Page

tordyjo
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2036 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  23:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm halfway through gods of the arena got a couple of episodes left, need to get it finished for january

LillyCrystalHarry

Go to Top of Page

Simmy_82
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1272 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  08:59:39  Show Profile  Click to see Simmy_82's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well ours doesnt have a name as yet. Still waiting to get it sexed. However here's the story behind the two names we have chosen.

My wife and i wrote down a list of both male and female names for our snake. We then put these names into a hat and drew one out. First name to come out was female and was Lilith. We then took all the female names from the hat leaving on males. Then we drew another this one was Neo. So it will be called Lilith or Neo once we know the sex.

Lilith - Is a demon featured in Supernatural. The wife and i love this series. Also a deciding factor was the fact the the Wikipedia image for the biblical demon Lilith is fitting.

Neo - You know the one from the matrix. There were a lot of sci-fi related names in the hat...

0.1.0 - Cat - Tallulah
0.0.1 - Carolina Corn Snake - Lilith
Go to Top of Page

ozziesmum
Yearling

United Kingdom
736 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  09:30:44  Show Profile  Send ozziesmum a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I adopted my 2 and they came with the names Speedy (now Rhubarb) and Snowflake (now Custard) purely down to their colours.

Jane.

Oscar Black Lab, Saffron, Merlin and Mischief the cats, assorted fish, Rhubarb & Custard the corns, Tuppence the Tortoise, Tripod the Leopard Gecko.
Go to Top of Page

Casta
Hatchling

United Kingdom
335 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  09:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my wee snow was a tail rattler when i got her so Casta for castanet. it also means pure in spanish so it fits. my friend wanted to call her Jolene... granted we were singing it on the way to get her but don't thing it would have suited her :-p my next is an anery laveneder (moonstone) that ones gonna get called Cancer be it male or female

Go to Top of Page

Lotsofsmoggies
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  12:02:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've used the thesaurus for my last two, put in the word like for my gold dust it was gold and I scanned through all the poss words steming from that and I ended up with Trinket. Same with my feisty pewter, started with devil, then hobgoblin then I ended up with Bugaboo meaning fear.

Visit me in my other life http://lotsofsmoggies.webs.com/
Go to Top of Page

ScalySituation
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5292 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2011 :  13:26:14  Show Profile  Visit ScalySituation's Homepage  Click to see ScalySituation's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just liked the name sonny :)

1.0.0 Butter motley corn (Sheldon)
0.1.0 Caramel Corn (Maggie)
0.1.0 Caramel motley corn (Echo)
1.0.0 Cat (Angus)
1 mealworm colony
RIP Skye x
Sleep well Sonny, Mummy loves you xx
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  01:14:36  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I had my little retic named for me.
Being a retic, and likely to have a chance to cause me to wee myself in the future he was given the name Dia.
Seems quite apt, although spelling has been changed to make it easier to pronounce and understand.

As for the others, shall list them at some point.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Vince_the_snake
Yearling

United Kingdom
553 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  08:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I named mine vince from the mighty boosh
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  10:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine are all named after film/tv/book characters.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

hannah2016
Hatchling

United Kingdom
294 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  11:18:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i named mine flicka just cuz i thought it sounded like a snake name :) but it does defo suit her :)

1.0.0 corn snake - Flicka
1.0.0 Rainbow Boa - Luna

Go to Top of Page

Okeetee Mick
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2308 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  11:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go TrueBlood

0.1.0 Okeetee (Sookie) 0.1.0 Powder (Luna) 0.1.0 Bloodred (Arlene) 0.1.0 Caramel Stripe (Tara)
0.1.0 Ghost (Crystal) 0.1.0 Caramel (Jessica) 0.1.0 Lavender Stripe (Portia) 1.0.0 Platinum (Godric)
0.1.0 Thayers King (Lettie Mae) 0.1.0 Albino Blairs King (Lorena) 0.1.0 Russian Ratsnakes (Pam)
0.1.0 Korean Ratsnake (Katerina) 1.0.0 Russian Ratsnake (Lafayette)
Go to Top of Page

Rake
Hatchling

United Kingdom
200 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2011 :  13:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my corn derek was named by my daughter, came out of the pet shop and its the first name she thought of and stuck with, my garter jaws was because the moment i took him out of his delivery wrapping first thing he did was bite me and its all his done since lol and my royal porky came about because it turned out to be a girl and my lil boy thought she was fat

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000