Got my Eric :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vyx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:03:39  Show Profile  Click to see Vyx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Picked him up this afternoon, he's very inquisitive, very friendly, and absolutely GORGEOUS! He's a Carolina corn, about 10 inches long, and even if he is a she, will still be called Eric Not going to get him probed, I'm not going to breed with/from him, so no sense putting him through that when I don't need to.
My son can't stop looking in the tank, one 18 year old daughter won't go near it, and the other 18 year old girl has been sitting next to the tank trying to see him - not that she's interested you understand

Wish I'd got a snake ages ago!
I will post a pic at some point, but I've only managed to get one of his tail, and he's fast asleep in his hide at the mo

Carolina corn 0.0.1 Eric :)
cats 0.2.0 Scally + Fudge
dog 0.1.0 Daisy
kids 1.2.0 Amy, Hazel + James

nusnakemum
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1612 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:05:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
enjoy !!

0.0.1 corn Ernest
0.1.0 leopard gecko Mrs T
1.0.0 anery Black Eyed Bill RIP Bill x
2.0.0 kids
Go to Top of Page

stuart619
Hatchling

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:17:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done. Remember to give him 7 days hands off, just spot clean and change water every day or two; and then we need loads of pics. Good luck and remember if you have any questions make sure you ask them. We are all here to help each other

Go to Top of Page

Vyx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:26:51  Show Profile  Click to see Vyx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't stop watching him :) I was fascinated just watching him drink earlier - saddo eh?lol

dog 0.1.0 Daisy

Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  19:58:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sad at all! I was up every night at 4am for the first 2 weeks after getting Voldemort, it was the only time he came out and I was desperate to see him...even if it was by torch light

Go to Top of Page

Vyx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  21:27:15  Show Profile  Click to see Vyx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hissy, did you have him in a small tank or a tiny rub? Eric is in a 16"x14"x14" tank at the mo and seems to be happy - he's drinking, has been out exploring most of the afternoon and some of the evening, it seems a shame to put him back in the little rub - he's about 14" long

dog 0.1.0 Daisy

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2331 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2011 :  21:49:01  Show Profile  Visit paulie78's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vyx

Picked him up this afternoon, he's very inquisitive, very friendly, and absolutely GORGEOUS! He's a Carolina corn, about 10 inches long, and even if he is a she, will still be called Eric Not going to get him probed, I'm not going to breed with/from him, so no sense putting him through that when I don't need to.
My son can't stop looking in the tank, one 18 year old daughter won't go near it, and the other 18 year old girl has been sitting next to the tank trying to see him - not that she's interested you understand

Wish I'd got a snake ages ago!
I will post a pic at some point, but I've only managed to get one of his tail, and he's fast asleep in his hide at the mo

Me too its a big regret of mine now that i didnt take the plunge years ago so many people claimed theyd be alienated if i kept snakes in the flat however most have now been converted and those that havent ..well its theire loss and its about time i stopped caring what others think so much lol

6.8.0 Corn Snakes http://buzzsprehistoricpets.yolasite.com/
1.1.0 Royal
0.2.0 Chinchillas
1.1.0 Cats
1.1.0 Birds
0.0.2 Fishtanks
0.0.1 Cali Kingsnake
Go to Top of Page

Hissyfit
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2214 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  11:02:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vyx

Hissy, did you have him in a small tank or a tiny rub? Eric is in a 16"x14"x14" tank at the mo and seems to be happy - he's drinking, has been out exploring most of the afternoon and some of the evening, it seems a shame to put him back in the little rub - he's about 14" long

Voldemort's just recently moved into a 2 ft viv (actually 3ft but with a divider), and was in a 12x12x12cm exo terra until 26" long.If Eric is in a viv with sliding doors, just be careful he doesn't squeeze through the gap where the glass overlaps If he has plenty of hides he should be fine, depends on the nature of the snake. My little one is in a tiny breeder box, and only just getting confident after 3 weeks.

Go to Top of Page

LittlestarRed
Egg

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  13:07:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your first snake! Be warned they're addictive! LOL :)

0.1.0 Carolina Corn Snake 'Nagini', 4.8.0 Royal Pythons, 1.0.0 BRB, 1.0.0 Honduran BCI, 1.0.0 Yemen Chameleon 'Jasper' and 1.0.1 Beardies 'Snuggle' & 'Beanie'
Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4494 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2011 :  21:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Mamma's Homepage  Reply with Quote
congrats

Please feel free to add my photography page on facebook .... or check me out on deviantart :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MaliskaRodgersPhotography/
http://maliskarodgers.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

scottishbluebird
it is all my fault

United Kingdom
8403 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  01:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look forward to pics

0.1.0 Corn - Kellogs
1.0.0 Hognose - Storm
0.1.0 Staffy - Lyla
1.0.0 Spaffy(staffy x springer)-Spyro
1.0.0 Ferret - Peanut R.I.P
0.1.0 Crestie - Fudge. Wish List - Pygmy hedgehog. Tropiocolotes
Go to Top of Page

Becky_Ben
Hatchling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  12:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on getting your first snake it wont be long until you get a second one trust me lol, my baby one was in a big viv but he loves it and got depressed when i tried to put him in a smaller one, if he is exploring he isnt that stressed with having open spaces he is a confident lil snake by the sound of it :)

1 x collie, 1 x mastiff, 1 x ragdoll cat, 2 x guinea pigs, 1 x leopard tortoise, 1 x rat, 1 x Bearded Dragon, 1 x sheep, 2 x corn snakes,1 bosc, 3 leopard gecko, 1 crested gecko, 1 x fiance, 1 x 3yr old step son = My Ark
Go to Top of Page

Vyx
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  00:11:51  Show Profile  Click to see Vyx's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh he's very confident lol He's asleep at the moment (under the substrate!), but I was up til nearly 2 this morning watching him exploring, and woke up to find him curled up in his plants, peeping out at me!

dog 0.1.0 Daisy

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000